{58}

Today was the first show of the tour. I was nervous, but probably not as nervous as Brendon. I had taken the kids out for breakfast--without Brendon, so he could get his head in the game for tonights show. I walked back to the arena. We had to go back stage--into one of those scary backrooms and hang out there until the show is ready. I walked down the hallway. River propped onto my hip, Clover held my left hand and Daphne walked next to me. I opened the door with my free hand. I guided Clover in and she ran to Brendon, tugging at his pants. He turned around---trying to figure out what was tugging. When Brendon realized it was Clover, his eyes widened and he smiled. He bent down and picked her up,"Hi, pumpkin! Whatcha doin'?"

"Well, if it isn't the liar, the bitch and her slutty wardrobe-"

"Joanne. If you're going to say anything, mumble it at least."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Clover was babbling as Brendon adjusted her on his hip. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. He turned over toward me and I set River on the ground for him to crawl around. Dan and the rest of the band circled around him. They loved him and loved to play with him. I pulled strands of hair behind my ear, then put my hands on my hips, "you okay?"

I quickly looked up at Brendon and flashed a quick smile, "yeah. Fine."

Brendon furrowed his eyebrows and I could tell he was observing me. He normally did this when I wasn't telling the truth—to see if I had any mannerisms to prove otherwise. I raised my eyebrows and watched as his eyes moved around me. He shrugged, "See? Nothing. I'm fine."

He set Clover down and she ran to Dan—who was her favorite member of the band. River strayed away from the new member, Nicole. If I were River, I would too. I watched as Nicole got up and brushed her knees off, "guess he doesn't like me." She said, then chuckled.

I stared at her, "I don't blame him."

Brendon let out a frustrated sigh and walked toward me. He put his arm on my shoulder, turning me and then placing me hand on my lower back. He opened the door and I walked out. He followed behind me and we stood along the wall of the dimmed hallway. Brendon's head was slightly tilted, looking down at me, "what the hell are you doing in there?"

I crossed my arms, "uhm. The fuck?"

Brendon set his hands on his hips. "You have got to fix that attitude. You can't be running your mouth like that."

I chuckled for a moment and Brendon straightened his posture. "No."

"Baby. Please. As much as I love the sarcastic and rude comments toward other people, you-"

"I'm sorry...are you defending her?"

Brendon's furrowed his eyebrows. "No. Matter of fact I can't stand her."

I tilted my head at me and I smiled softly at him. He stared at my lips and my eyes wandered over his face, "fuck."

"What?"

Brendon lathered his lips with his tongue, wetting them. He grabbed my face and kissed me. When his lips touched mine, he took in a deep breath of fresh air.

-The concert-
Half of the concert was over. Clover was holding my hand, River was on my hip and Daphne stood on my right, dancing to the music that played while Brendon had his outfit change. I could feel some looking anxiety for some reason. Something was very off. I squinted my eyes, scanning the area, "Alright! How're y'all doin'?!"

The crowd cheered and I snapped out of my daze. I focused my attention onto Brendon, who was holding the microphone at the bottom, adjusting his ear piece, "now. What i'm about to do is a little spontaneous....not reallly. And it might not work."