{97}

April 10 2019: Joanne's 27th
Finally 27. It didn't feel much different from 26. Just one year older. Brendon wasn't beside me, so I tossed my blanket off and walked to the dresser, grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans and a loose, white t-shirt. I straightened my hair and pulled it behind my ears. I put a small dash of makeup on and put a pair of socks on. Then, I was off. Down the steps, through the hallway and to the kitchen where I stood to make my regular cup of coffee. Still, no sign of Brendon. But, my kids were thankfully awake. Daphne held Freddie and Bella's hands while she walked behind Clover and River. I tilted my head at them and furrowed my eyebrows, "happy birthday mommy." Clover said.

I squatted down and gracefully took the homemade card and read the inside. Though, I struggled to read Clover's hand writing, I could see that they wished me a happy birthday and called me the best mommy in the world. I put my arms out and all of the kids practically tackled me and I laughed with them. I was showered in kisses by them and then—I got up and took a breath to calm down. The kids dragged me into the living room and I followed and we all sat down on the ground, "Mom, Clover has questions for you." Daphne uttered.

Freddie and Bella climbed onto my lap and I tilted my head, "ask away, sweetheart."

"How did River and I get our names, mommy?" Clover asked and played with the rug underneath her.

I placed my hands over Freddie and Bella's stomach, "Well, you got your name because Daddy called you and I his good luck charms and the name Clover means good luck. And River got his name from a band member in one of Daddy's favorite bands."

"Wait, how old were you when you had Clover and River, mom?" Daphne asked.

I raised my eyebrows for a second and thought, "Well, i was twenty-three...no, twenty four? I think? When I had Clover and when I had River I was twenty four. I think.."

Daphne furrowed her eyebrows and Clover tapped my knee, "How did Freddie and Bella get their names?"

"Freddie's name comes from Daddy's all time
favorite band, Queen. Freddie Mercury was the lead singer. Bella's name is actually Isabella, but Bella means beautiful in italian, so we call that."

They all looked at me and I smiled at them softly. Daphne crawled up next to me and rested her head on my shoulder, "how long have you and daddy been together?"

I pulled my arm behind Daphne and played with her hair, "Oh, man...six years, almost seven," I began and cleared my throat, "speaking of daddy, where is he?"

Daphne pulled her head off of my shoulder, "the basement, I think."

I took Bella and Freddie off of my lap and got up. I dusted my hands off and walked out of the living room, down the hallway as to the basement door and opened it. I made sure to close it quietly, then walked down the steps. My heart kind of raced as I walked down the last set of steps and saw Brendon gaming. But, his eyes were red and he wasn't even streaming, he was just...there. He looked kind of dead. I inched a bit closer, "Uh, Brendon?"

"Gimme a minute, im almost done with my match." He uttered and didn't even looked at me.

I cleared my throat and crossed my arms, "i think maybe it's time you get off."

He didn't take his eyes off of the monitor, "just gimme a minute, the match is almost done. Please."

I scoffed, "whatever."

Brendon didn't say anything and he didn't look at me again. I raised an eyebrow and walked away, walking away and upstairs. I bit the inside of my cheek and opened the basement door, shaking my head. If he wasnt going to remember my birthday, I have other people who will.