{79}

I dried off the last dish that I had just washed. I cleaned off the wet counter with the rag. I tossed the rag to the side, then walked to the fridge and grabbed a water. The steps creaked and I put the water down on the counter, grabbed a Kleenex and began wiping down the counters, "what the hell are you guys doing home?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped wiping down the counters. Brendon appeared by the entry way of the kitchen and he set his hands on his hips, looking down, "the kids aren't supposed to be home right now."

I crossed my arms and slightly leaned against the counter. Before I could say anything, Brendon looked at me and put his hand up—stopping me from speaking, "you were supposed to take them to your goddamn brothers house because we have a dinner party today."

I uncrossed my arms and my hands slapped against the side of my legs, "Brendon-"

"No!" He shouted a bit and tossed his arms up, "why the fuck didn't you take them?!"

I stood there in shock. He was supposed to take them. Brendon offered since it took me a bit more time to get ready now that i'm pregnant again. He wasn't letting me speak either and it was beginning to piss me off. I walked away from him and walked to the living room, peering in slightly, "take your brother and sister upstairs and watch t.v. and pack your things for uncle Frankie's, 'cause you're not going to want to hear this, Daph."

Daphne nodded her head and picked River and Clover up. I watched as they walked upstairs and I waited until the coast was clear. I paved back to the kitchen and Brendon watched me walk in. I pointed at him as I walked by, "you want to fuckin' do this right now?"

"Don't fucking start with that," he began and his hands placed slightly on his hip again, "this is your goddamn fault! You forgot the kids, Joanne. That makes you look bad!"

I stood in the middle of the kitchen and tossed my arms up in the arm, "how is this my fucking fault?! You're calling me a fucking bad parent!"

Brendon let out a frustrated groan and rubbed his hands over his face, "because you didn't take the fucking kids to your brothers house! Now, we're going to be late for the dinner!"

I rolled my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. I crossed my arms and quickly sighed, "if you'd just let me tell you the reason-"

"I don't want your shitty reason! I don't need an excuse! Own up to the fact that you forgot to take them!" He yelled at me.

I jerked my head back and looked down. I kicked at the ground, nodding my head and taking it in that he's yelling at me for something I didn't have control over, nor was it my responsibility at that point, "well? Are you gonna fucking say somethin'?"

I shrugged and pressed my lips together, "I can't say what I want to, so...no," I began and started to walk away, "fuck you. You can go to the dinner alone for all I care."

"Joanne, don't you fucking walk away from me. We arent done with this conversation."

As I walked down the hallway to the steps, I turned around and started walking backwards, "yes we are."

Brendon raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head, "get the fuck back here. Now."

I shook my head. Brendon sighed and inched closer, "what? You can't handle getting called out?"

I ignored him. I turned back around, walked up the steps and into the bedroom. I grabbed a small book-bag and walked over to the dresser to grab clothing to stay the night at Frankie's. As I grabbed everything I needed, the bedroom door opened. I didn't even look to see who it was. I took a deep breath as I set the book-bag onto the top of the dresser and zipped it up, "you leavin'?!"