1.3

The train had arrived at Hogwarts. I was told to meet Professor Mcgonagall next to Dumbledore's office.

I walked towards Professor Dumbledore's office. But I found a cat. Did she want to meet inside the office?

The cat turned into a woman. She was wearing green robes and a black hat.

She's an Animagus?!?!

"You must be Aurelia", Professor Mcgonagall said.

I nodded. "Yeah. That-That was wicked", I said.

"Thank you", Professor Mcgonagall said. "Let's get you to the Great Hall".

We walked towards the Great Hall. When we got there, the Headmaster was giving out his speech.

"Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become to befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor".

Everyone clapped. I took a deep breath as me and Professor Mcgonagall entered the Great Hall.

"Also, we have a new student at Hogwarts. Please join me in welcoming Aurelia Adolpha", Dumbledore said.

Everyone clapped which made me a little more nervous. Me and Professor Mcgonagall walked towards the front of the room.

I sat on the stool and the sorting hat was placed on my head. "Ah, yes. I could put you in Slytherin. I sense much ambition in you. Or I could put you in Gryffindor like your father. I sense much Bravery in you", The hat said.

"It's up to you, I guess", I thought.

"Very Well. Better be...GRYFFINDOR!"

The children at the Gryffindor table cheered. I joined the Gryffindor table and shook hands with some of the children.

Me and the Gryffindors sat down as Dumbledore continued his speech.

"Finally, on a more descriptive note, as a request at the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban. Until such a time, Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution, Dementors are viscous creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one that stands in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when only one remembers to turn on the light".

--

The next morning, I went to my first class of the day. Potions. I arrived to class in my uniform.

I sat in my chair. On the other side of the classroom, I saw Draco Malfoy messing around with his friends.

He looked at me. I quickly looked away. I could tell that he was a bully and I wanted nothing to do with him. I heard the door slam behind me.

The Potions teacher, Professor Snape, walked past me. His cape was flowing at he walked past.

I noticed everyone fell silent. "For those of you who are unaware, I don't tolerate foolishness, wand waving or silly incantations in this class", Professor Snape said.

I would say he sounded like he was having a bad day, but that's not the right way to describe Snape.

He sounded like he was having a bad life.

"Today, you will be creating a Wolfsbane potion", Snape said.

This, I found interesting. Perhaps I could take my Wolfsbane potion with me for the next full moon.

"Unfortunately, I will be taking your potions at the end of class", Professor Snape said.

And my hope sunk. Just like that.

"Well? Get started, all of you", Snape demanded.

I opened my potions book and turned to the page about the Wolfsbane. I got started on the potion.

The only time I had lost my focus was when Snape walked towards my table. Realizing, he was just walking by, I went back to work on the potion.

After class, I had succeeded in finishing my Wolfsbane potion. When Snape wasn't looking, I poured my potion into a bottle and snuck it into my satchel.

I went for the door, but Snape said, "Miss Adolpha". I stopped. I turned around to face Snape. I cautiously walked towards Professor Snape.

"Where's your potion?" Snape asked.

"I turned it in", I lied.

"Really? I didn't see you", Professor Snape said.

"How could you? There was so many people", I said. Snape gave me a look. I turned to leave, but Snape grabbed me.

"Don't turn your back on me! Dumbledore invited you to this school. Is this how you want to repay him? By lying?" Snape asked.

He was right. I want to stay at this school. I've never been to a school before.

I opened my satchel and took out the potion. Professor Snape snatched the potion out of my hands.

"I admire your skills, Adolpha, but I do not tolerate lying", Snape said. "So 10 points will be taken from Gryffindor". I didn't say anything. "Leave".

I turned and walked out of the classroom. I had to find another way to get that Wolfsbane potion.