1.6

The next day, I was able to go to class. Unfortunately, Professor Lupin couldn't make it to class.

I sat next to Ron during class. Snape walked into the room, slamming the windows shut with his wand as he walked passed them, making the room darker.

Like I said, he seems to be having a bad life.

Snape pulled down a projector screen at the front of the room. He turned to everyone. Everyone stopped their conversations.

"Turn to Page 394", Snape said.

Everyone opened their books. I opened mine. Snape walked past the students to get to the projector.

"Excuse me, sir", Harry said. Snape looked at him with a loathing expression. "Where's Professor Lupin?" I looked down.

"It's not really your concern, is it Potter? Surprising to say that your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time", Snape said. He walked towards the projector. "Turn to Page 394".

Snape turned on the projector. With a flick of his wand, he got Ron on the same page.

"Werewolves?" Ron asked. I looked at Snape. Was he trying to expose Lupin and I?

"But sir, we've just began learning about Redcaps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks", Hermione said.

"Quiet", Snape said.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron asked. I shook my head.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a Werewolf?" Snape asked. Hermione was the only one who raised her hand. "No one? How disappointing".

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path", Hermione explained. "Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of his own kind".

Ahooo!" Draco howled. One of his friends laughed.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy", Snape said. "That is the second time you've spoken out of term, Miss Granger. Are you capable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"He's got a point, you know", Ron said.

"What? No", I said. I looked at Snape. "You ask a bloody question, she answered it. What's the point of asking if you don't want to be told? Besides, she's right. We're learning about Redcaps and Hinkypunks. But obviously, you won't listen to her".

"That's enough, Miss Adolpha. 10 points from Gryffindor", Snape said. "As an antidote to your ignorance and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf and particular pieces on recognizing it". Everyone groaned.

"But, sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow", Harry said.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limbs will not excuse you", Snape said. "Page 394".

--

After class, I quickly left the classroom. Hermione ran after me, followed by Harry and Ron.

"Thank you for sticking up for me", Hermione said.

"It was nothing, really. Someone had to stand up to him", I said. "I just can't believe he tried to-" I stopped myself. I guess with no friends to talk to, I couldn't release the weight I was carrying.

I mean, I was happy to have Lupin, but I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted friends, who actually cared about me like Lupin's friends.

Even though I wanted friends, I knew I could never have friends. Not after what I did.

"Nevermind. I should get to the Great Hall", I said.

"We'll go with you. We're going anyways", Hermione said.

The four of us arrived at the Great Hall. As always, I kept my distance from everyone else.

I was sitting alone for a few minutes before Hermione came over and sat next to me.

"Black broke into the castle last night", Hermione said. I looked at her. Sirius is in the castle? Right now? "Where were you yesterday?"

"I was with you guys", I lied.

"No, you weren't", Hermione said.

"Yes, I was. There was a lot of students. There's no way you could've seen me. I didn't see you", I said.

"Aurelia, yesterday was a full moon", Hermione said.

I looked up from my food. She know? How? Does she know Lupin is a werewolf too?

"You know, don't you?" I asked. Hermione nodded.

"I haven't told anyone. I promise I won't", Hermione said. "Why don't you come sit with us. Despite your conditions, I think you deserve to have friends".

I shook my head. "You don't understand. I...I killed someone. She was best friend. I'm dangerous", I said.

"It won't come to that. You have to trust me", Hermione said.

"I want to, but I can't even trust myself", I said.

"I won't tell Harry and Ron. And if you want, I'll stay in the castle during the full moon".

I didn't say anything. If I kill someone, it'll be my fault, but I didn't want to be alone for the rest of my life.

"Come on", Hermione said.

I followed her to her friends. We sat next to Ron and Harry.

"Is it alright if Aurelia sits with us?" Hermione asked Harry and Ron.

"Of course", Harry said.

We sat close to the twins, Seamus, Dean, Neville, Pavarti and Ginny Weasley.

Everyone was laughing together and smiling at each other. I didn't say anything before I wasn't close with anyone.

I glanced at Fred and George from time to time. I felt uneasy when I looked at them. I also felt uneasy when I saw twins.

I didn't speak until Harry finally said, "You know, you're allowed to talk".

"I'm not good with talking to people", I said.

"Well, you can talk to me. Everyone always wants to talk to me", Harry said.

"Well, I'm not everyone. I mean, I'm not saying I don't want to talk to you. It just seems like everyone wants to talk to you because you're famous, but I don't see famous people as a big deal", I said.

Harry stared at me. He looked stunned. I messed up, didn't I?

"That's the best thing anyone's ever said to me", Harry said.

I was surprised. I never thought a famous person would not want fame. "You don't like the fame?" I asked. Harry shook his head. "Wow. I mean, I don't blame you. It sort of seems annoying to have everyone in your personal space".

"It is", Harry said.

Me and Harry talked for a while longer. To my surprise, everyone else was kind too. For the first time in years, I didn't feel like I had to distance myself.