2.14

I sat in Professor Dumbledore's office, waiting for Dumbledore to get back. I heard the door open.

"Aurelia", A familiar voice said behind me.

I turned around to see Lupin. I stood up and ran towards him. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.

"Are you alright?" Remus asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine", I said. "You're here. How? W-W-Where have you-when did you-? You're here".

I couldn't speak. I seemed speechless. "I was told that someone had died. I came here as soon as I could", Remus said. "I was afraid you...you were the one who...that you-"

"I'm alright. Really. I fell and got hurt tonight, but I'm alive", I said.

Remus sighed in relief. "I'm sorry I haven't tried to contact you", He said.

"I have so many questions. Why didn't you tell me you've been visiting? How are you holding up? Why didn't you want to talk me? You couldn't tell me you've been coming to the school?" I asked, once again bombarding questions.

"Dumbledore told you I've been visiting, didn't he?" Remus asked. I nodded.

"How could you think I'd be better off without you?" I asked. I hit Remus in the arm.

"Aurelia!"

"Don't you ever make that assumption again! Do you understand? Don't you ever!" I shouted as I kept smacking Remus. "I thought you...I thought you were abandoning me! I thought I would be left alone! I don't want to go through that again".

"I thought staying away from you would keep you safe".

"Well, you were wrong. Don't leave me alone. Please don't abandon me".

"I'm so sorry, Aurelia. I thought if I stayed away from you, it would be best. I thought you'd be happier without me", Remus said. "And then Dumbledore told me someone died. I would never forgive myself if you died and I spent the last few months of your life staying away from you".

"Just promise me you won't abandon me, like my mother", I said.

"I promise".

Remus looked at my arm. "You're bleeding", he said. I had a piece of cloth wrapped around my arm, but the blood soaked through.

"Yeah. I'll be fine", I said. "I told you I fell earlier".

The door opened again. Me and Lupin turned around to see a black dog. "Uncle Sirius?" I asked. The Black dog turned into Uncle Sirius.

"Aurelia, are you alright?" Sirius asked, hugging me tightly.

"I'm fine. You're hugging too tight", I said, tapping Sirius's arm.

Sirius lets go of me. "Dumbledore told me everything. Are you hurt? Did Crouch hurt you? Has Remus given you any chocolate? I hope so. Did I ask if you're hurt?" Sirius asked. He sounded like an overprotective uncle.

"You did, yes. I am bleeding", I said. "But I'm fine", I said when Sirius looked at my arm in shock. Sirius hugged me tightly again.

I heard the door open again. Sirius let go of me. I took that moment to take a deep breath.

"He's very strong", I said to Remus. Meanwhile, Sirius was hugging Harry, asking him if he was alright.

Dumbledore sat down behind his desk. "Please, let's sit down", he said. Sirius and Remus let Harry and I take the two seats in front of Dumbledore's desk. They stood next to me and Harry.

"Professor, might I remind you that earlier this year, I told you I didn't trust 'Mad-eye'", I pointed out.

"Yes, Miss Adolpha. I am aware", Dumbledore said.

"Just making sure", I said.

"Let's look on the bright side-"

"No, no. Let's talk about what just happened", Sirius said. Suddenly, Sirius's hands were on mine and Harry's face. Sirius pulled us closer to him. "Our children almost got killed! Harry witnessed a murder, Aurelia almost witnessed a murder. Both almost got killed, both are bleeding. Although, Aurelia has surprisingly more damage than Harry. You know the worst part? One of your students told you she was suspicious about your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but you didn't listen to her. My Niece and my Godson could have died tonight".

Mine and Harry's face was squished against Sirius's side. "Sirius, you can let go of them", Remus said.

Sirius finally lets go of us. "I think Harry should take Aurelia to the Hospital Wing", Remus said.

"What? I'm fine", I said.

"You're not fine, Lia. Look at your arm", Harry said.

"I know how to tend to a wound, Harry. I'm fine", I said.

"Perhaps we should check to make sure it isn't a cursed scar", Dumbledore said.

"Believe me, it's not. I got it from falling down the stairs".

"It wouldn't hurt to check, Aurelia", Sirius said.

"I'm fine. It's not a cursed scar. As you can see, I'm not bleeding a lightning bolt". Harry gave me a look. "Sorry. Just proving my point".

"Aurelia".

"I'm fine".

"It wouldn't hurt to check-"

"Honestly, I'm fine".

I started arguing with Harry, Sirius and Remus. The 3 of them siding against me.

"Alright! Alright!" I shouted. "I know I'm alright, but I will go to the Hospital Wing to prove to you I'm alright".

I stood up. "Harry, go with her", Dumbledore said.

Are they really going to treat me like some damsel?

"I can get there by myself. I don't need a bodyguard, thank you", I said. I walked out of Dumbledore's office. Dumbledore, Harry, Sirius and Remus didn't say anything else before I left.

--

After Cedric Diggory's funeral, it was time for everyone to go home. Deep down, I knew things were going to be different.

I stood by the entrance, waiting for Ginny and Neville.

I saw Harry, Hermione and Ron walked towards me. When they had approached me, Hermione hugged me.

"Make sure you all write to me. I mean it", I said, trying to ignore the numbness inside me. I didn't know Cedric, but I knew he didn't deserve what happened to him.

"You know I will", Hermione said. She steps aside as I hugged Ron.

"Be careful", I said when I hugged Harry. "You guys go ahead. I'm waiting for Ginny and Neville".

I waved goodbye to the Golden Trio. I watched as they walked away. As they walked away, my heart skipped a beat when I realized something.

Now I know why I was so angry and Harry liking Cho. How could I be so stupid. I didn't realize it.

I fancied Harry Potter.