2.10

I joined my friends in the Great Hall. I was seated across from Harry. I noticed him staring at someone.

I saw Cho sitting at the Ravenclaws table, talking to her friends.

When one of her friends noticed Harry staring at Cho, she whispered to her. Cho turned around and smiled at Harry.

When Harry opens his mouth to smile at Cho, his juice spills out of his mouth. Cho's friends laughed.

Cho turned to her friends. She turned back to Harry and smiled.

I felt that anger again. I didn't understand. Why was I so angry about Harry and Cho? There's no need to be angry.

Harry is my friend and always will be. If he likes Cho, he likes Cho. But somehow, I found myself standing up and sitting next to Ginny.

"Are you okay?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah. I just don't know why I'm so angry", I said. "Do you still fancy Harry?"

"No. I'm over him. Why do you ask?" Ginny asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Do you fancy him?"

"No. I'm-We're just friends. We'll always be just friends", I said. "Not to mention, he's my Uncle's Godson".

"Who's your uncle?" Ginny asked.

I realized Ginny didn't know about Sirius's innocence. "You don't know him", I said.

"If you don't fancy Harry, why are you angry about Harry and Cho?" Ginny asked.

Before I could answer, I saw Ron pull a dress out of a box. I laughed. Ginny looked at him.

"Mom sent me a dress", Ron said.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry asked. "Ah-ha!" Harry pulled a bonnet out of the box.

"Put those down, Harry", Ron said. He walked towards me and Ginny. "Ginny, these must be for you".

Ginny looked at it in disgust. "I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly", she said. Hermione laughed at the note in her hands. Ron looked at her.

"What are you on about?" Ron asked.

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you", Hermione said. Everyone at Gryffindors table laughed with me and Ginny. "Dress robes".

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked.

--

Us Gryffindors were in a room with our head of house, Professor Mcgonagall. The girls sat on one side and the boys sat on the other side.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the-" Mcgonagall stops and looks at Filch, who was having a hard time setting the record player. "-Triwizard Tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the whole school, I except each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance".

There was excited chatter from the girls. I rolled my eyes. There were groans from the boys. I mean, I didn't blame them.

"Silence", Professor Mcgonagall said. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard World for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like babbling, bumbling band of baboons".

"Try saying that 5 times fast", One of the Weasley twins whispered to the other. I could still hear it because of my enhanced hearing.

"Now, to dance is to let the body breeze. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight", Mcgonagall said.