1.13

I ran into Professor Lupin's office. Lupin was packing his things. He turned around and looked at me.

"Aurelia, you're awake", Lupin said.

"So, it's true then? People have found out about your conditions?" I asked.

"Yes, unfortunately", Lupin said.

"So you've been sacked?" I asked.

Lupin shook his head. "No. I've resigned. Parents wouldn't want for someone like us to be around their children or to teach them", Lupin said. "No one knows that there's a student with the same conditions, therefore, you may stay at Hogwarts".

"But you-you can't leave. You're a great teacher. You've been so kind to all of us. You helped us face our biggest fears. You've been especially kind to me. You're the first person to be there for me in years", I said.

"It's okay, Aurelia", Lupin said.

"No", I said, shaking my head. "No, it's not okay. What if they find out what I am? How am I supposed to go through a full moon without you? Am I ever going to see you ever again?"

Lupin pulled me into a hug. "We'll see each other again someday. You're very brave, Aurelia. I know you can get through those hard nights. You have to be brave, be strong", Lupin said.

"What if people find out what I am?"

"They won't".

"How do you know?"

"I've spent 7 years at this school without anyone knowing what I am. If I can do it, I know you can too. It'll all be alright", Remus assured me.

I noticed he had new scars on him. I gasped. "I hurt you, didn't I?" I asked.

"It's alright. I'm fine", Remus said. "You should get going".

"Okay", I said softly.

I turned around to leave. I turned back around to hug Remus Lupin for what I hope wasn't the last time.