1.5

After everyone left, I sat next to one of the desks. I looked down at my hands. All I could think about was my Boggart and the fact that I had failed to use a simple spell.

Professor Lupin sat down in the seat next to me. I looked at him and prepared myself for whatever punishment I was going to get.

"You're not in trouble, Aurelia. I just want to talk", Professor Lupin said.

I was shocked, but also relieved. When my mother used to speak to me, I was in trouble. If Snape wants to talk to me, I'm in trouble. The fact that I wasn't in trouble made me relieved.

"You must have felt a bit scared when you were facing your Boggart and that's alright", Lupin said.

"How could it be alright? I failed", I said.

"Well, if you want, you are welcomed to try again", Lupin said. I sighed with relief. At least I'm not in trouble.

"Do you want to tell me about your Boggart?" Professor Lupin asked.

"You wouldn't understand".

"And why is that?"

"You don't know what my life has been like. You don't know what it's like to feel like you don't belong".

Professor Lupin just smiled sadly. "You'd be surprised", he said.

"Sir, if I told you about my Boggart, you would be afraid of me. My mother is afraid of me", I said. I noticed a few scars on my wrist were showing.

I pulled my sleeve over it, but I think Professor Lupin was able to take a quick glance.

"I'm not sure if I can trust you", I admitted. It has been years since I've trusted someone. I was betrayed by my own mother.

"You can trust me, Aurelia. I won't tell anyone", Lupin said.

I didn't say anything. How was I going to explain this to him? He doesn't know what I'm going through.

Lupin tried grab my hands, but I pulled away quickly. "I'm sorry. I can't tell you. Again, you wouldn't understand", I said. I looked down when I felt my lower lip trembling. I didn't try taking a breath because I knew it would come out very shaky.

"Again, you would be surprised. I think I know why we have the same Boggart", Professor Lupin said. "Are you a werewolf, Aurelia?"

I looked at Lupin. Then, I realized it was so obvious. How did I not notice the signs before? I nodded in response. "You're a werewolf too?" I asked. There was a hint of relief in my voice. "You're-You're like me?" Lupin nodded.

"I told you I would understand", Professor Lupin said. I felt so relieved. A small smile formed on my lips.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Have you had anyone else who was there for you?" Professor Lupin asked. I shook my head. "At 5 o clock, why don't you meet me by the Whomping Willow. I can show you a place I went to every full moon. Would you like that?"

"Yes. I'd like that very much", I said.

"I'll see you at 5 o clock, then".

--

I stood by the Whomping Willow, waiting for Lupin. I heard someone behind me. I turned around to see Professor Lupin.

"Here you go", Lupin said, handing me a bottle. It was a bottle of Wolfsbane potion.

"How did you get this from Professor Snape?" I asked before drinking the potion. I always imagined Wolfsbane potion would taste like paradise.

This tastes like...something horrible, I can't explain.

"Oh, by the way, the potion does have a terrible taste", Lupin said.

"Thanks", I said sarcastically.

"Professor Snape knows of our conditions. You don't have to steal Wolfsbane from him anymore", Professor Lupin said.

"Oh", I said, a bit embarrassed.

Professor Lupin smiled. He walked closer to the Whomping Willow with his wand in his hand. "Immobulus", he said.

The branches to the Whomping Willow froze. Lupin climbed into the hole below the tree. I climbed in after him.

We were in a dark cave. We walked further into the cave. "I used to come here during my years at Hogwarts. Even with my conditions, Dumbledore let me come to school", Lupin said.

"Did your friends know about your conditions?" I asked.

"They did, yes. I thought they would abandon me, but they didn't", Lupin said.

I wish my friends were like that. If I had any friends.

"My friends weren't exactly understanding", I said.

"Well, I'm sure your new friends will understand", Lupin said.

"I don't really do friends anymore", I said.

Part of the reason why I didn't make friends was because of my fear of abandonment. Another reason was because...actually, I don't want to talk about it.

"I hope you change your mind", Lupin said, but I didn't think that time would come any time soon.

"The chances of me changing my mind is very slim", I said.

"You know, your mother used to come here with me and my friends", Lupin said.

"You knew her?" I asked.

"Oh, yes. I did. I knew your father too. He used to follow us around. Whatever we did, he would do it to impress your mother", Lupin said. The thought made me smile.

"He sounds great. I never met him", I said.

"I wish you could have gotten to know him", Remus said.

We arrived at a Shack. It looked old, unstable and it was big. It seemed more like a house than a shack.

We went upstairs. There was a room upstairs. There was a bed and a piano. I walked into the room and sat on the bed.

"When you take the Wolfsbane, does the transformation still hurt?" I asked.

"If it is brewed correctly, no".

I still felt nervous. I always felt nervous before a full moon. I hate the pain that comes with it.

It meant a lot to me that I had someone here.

"What if it doesn't work?" I asked.

"It will work", Lupin assured me. I had just noticed the way Lupin was staring at me. He looked sad.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked. Did I say something to upset him?

"You're going through so much pain at such a young age. You haven't had anyone who would be there for you. You shouldn't have to go through that, through this".

"It's fine. I'm used to it and I'm used to being alone", I said. I walked towards the window.

When Lupin left the room, I opened up my bag and pulled out Mr. Snuffles, the stuffed animal I had since I was 3.

I held it close to me and walked to the window.

Through the window, I saw the full moon shine through the glass. I fell to the ground, landing on my knees.

Next thing I know, I was in my wolf form. This may be the first time I haven't suffered during my transformation.

My wolf form laid on the ground, laying it's head on Snuffles.