1.12

We got out of the Shrieking Shack. It was night time. I inhaled the fresh air. I sat down on the roots of the Whomping Willow. Ron sat next to me.

I watched as Hermione took care of Ron's broken leg. "Did you tell Sirius what happened to your sister?" Hermione asked. I nodded.

"Aurelia, about what I said, I didn't mean it", Ron said.

"It still hurts. I mean, that's a reason why I didn't tell you. I knew you would abandon me", I said.

"I can make it up to you. I won't stop until you forgive me", Ron said. A small smile formed on my lips.

I looked at Lupin and Peter Pettigrew. Lupin pointed his wand at Peter. I looked at the sky. And then, I realized...

"No. Oh no", I said. I stood up and stepped away from Hermione and Ron.

"Aurelia, what is it?" Hermione asked. And then, she saw it. The full moon.

I shut my eyes as my transformation started. "Harry!" Hermione shouted. Harry and Sirius ran towards us. I noticed Remus wasn't in pain. That means he took his potion.

"Aurelia, my dear, have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked. I shook my head, grunting and screaming in pain.

How could I be so stupid? I'm irresponsible! How could I have forgotten something so important?

"Aurelia", Harry said. I opened my eyes to find him standing in front of me.

"Go! Leave! You can't...stay here! Run!" I managed to shout, despite the pain.

"Aurelia", Lupin said. He tried to run to my side, but he started his transformation.

"Aurelia...", Hermione said.

Sirius grabbed me. "Aurelia, it's going to be alright! Remember who you truly are! Remember how strong you are!" He shouted through my sobbed screams.

"I can't! It hurts! Everything hurts, Uncle Sirius!" I shouted. A sharp pain in my spine caused me to scream.

I pushed Sirius away. I can't let it happen again!

I couldn't stop screaming. Tears fell down my face. And next thing I knew, I lost control and I blacked out.

--

I expected myself to wake up the same way I woke after killing Cass, but there I was, in bed, in the Hospital Wing. I still had on my clothes from yesterday.

I looked around the room. I saw Madame Pomfrey, changing the flowers on the tableside next to me.

I sat up quickly. Madame Pomfrey looked at me. All I could remember was shouting at Harry, Ron and Hermione to stay away from me.

I gasped. I tried to get out of bed, but Madame Pomfrey stopped me. "No. Dear, you need to stay in bed", Madame Pomfrey said.

"What if I hurt someone? Did I hurt someone? Where's my Uncle? What happened to Lupin? Are my friends okay?" I bombarded.

"Did she just call us her friends?"

I looked towards the door to see Harry, Hermione and Ron. "She did, didn't she?" Ron asked Hermione, who nodded.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked.

"We're fine", Harry said. He sat next to me.

"What about my Uncle?" I asked.

Harry made sure Madame Pomfrey left the room to say, "He's just fine. Sirius escaped". I sighed with relief.

"Unfortunately, Pettigrew escaped too", Hermione said.

"I'm going to find him, I swear. I will find him and make him pay", I said.

"Besides vengeful, how are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Tired. And sore", I said. I sighed. "Look, I understand if you don't want to be my friends".

"You think we'd abandoned you? Just because you're a werewolf? We're not leaving you", Harry said.

"It's best if you do. My old friends did. You have no idea what I've done", I said.

"Then tell us so we can understand", Ron said.

Tears blurred my eyes as I thought about Cassiopeia. "Everytime I look at Fred and George, I'm reminded of the fact that I'm a twin. My sister, Cassiopeia, was the only friend who didn't abandon me. When us werewolves turn into...beasts, we no longer remember who we are. If I had control of myself..." I began to cry. "I wouldn't have killed my sister. She...she was the only friend who...who-who didn't leave me and I...I".

Hermione wrapped her arms around me as I cried. Harry and Ron joined in on the hug.

Once I had calmed down, I sniffled and said, "Everytime I get close to someone, they get hurt", I said.

"That's why you're uneasy around Fred and George. They remind you of your sister", Hermione said. I nodded.

"You don't have to worry about us. We're not leaving you", Harry said.

"Yeah, we'll make sure you don't have to go through that again", Ron said.

"I don't want to hurt any of you", I said.

"You won't, I promise", Hermione said.

"You're our friend, Aurelia. We're not going to abandon you", Harry said. I wrapped my arms around him. Hermione and Ron joined in on the hug. "There's something else you should know. Word has gotten out that Professor Lupin is a werewolf".

"What?" I asked. I got out of bed and ran towards Lupin's classroom.