2.11

I was sitting alone in the Courtyard, reading my book. I heard footsteps walking towards me. I didn't look up from my book.

"Is something troubling you, Adolpha?"

"Do you really care, Malfoy?" I asked.

"Yes. Honestly, you're one of the few people I despise", Draco said.

I sighed. "I don't want to talk about it", I said.

"Aurelia, talk to me", Draco said. "Listen, I know you don't trust me, but I really do want to help you".

I sighed again. I really didn't want to talk about this with Draco Malfoy, of all people.

"Harry is so into Cho Chang and I don't know why I'm angry about it", I said.

"Do you fancy him?" Draco asked.

"Ew, of course not", I said. Draco smiled at this.

"Okay. Do you fancy Chang?" Draco asked.

I shook my head. I can't fancy her. I don't know anything about her except that she's a Ravenclaw.

"Maybe you fancy Potter and just don't know it", Draco said.

"How could I not know how I'm feeling?" I asked. It makes no sense. Draco shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know. I'm not good with feelings", Draco said. I looked at him with a stern look and a raised eyebrow. "Well, I tried".

I nodded. "Thank you for trying", I said.

"Besides, you should be the one teasing him".

"Exactly! I mean, how did I end up getting jealous of Harry and Cho? I mean, Harry is an idiot and I barely know Cho".

Draco seemed to be amused by me calling Harry an idiot. "I mean, he's nice, but half of the time, he's just such an idiot".

"Oh yeah. Sounds like Potter", Draco said.

I looked at Draco. "I'm glad we had this conversation. Thank you Draco", I said.

--

Usually I would see boys asking out girls to the Yule Ball all day. I didn't see much of that today.

I was walking with Ron and Ginny. We were on our way back to the common room.

"I'm sure you'll find a date soon, Ron", I said.

"You know, Harry asked Cho out today", Ron said.

"Oh goody", I said sarcastically.

"She said no", Ginny said. I didn't say anything. "Says she's going with someone else".

"Aurelia, maybe you could go with me", Ron said.

"I'm sorry, but I'm already going with Fred".

"I think you should say yes. Ron fancied you last year. And during the summer", Ginny whispered.

"Ginny, zip it!" Ron hissed. I couldn't help, but laugh.

Fleur Delacour and her friends were walking towards us, clearly walking past.

Ron seemed to be getting nervous.

"Are you alright, Ron?" I asked. Ginny looked at Ron when he didn't answer.

Ginny and I looked at each other nervously. Oh, our poor boy is struggling to ask girls out.

"Now doesn't have to be the time. I think it's better if you go back to the common room and-and plan how you're going to ask her", I said.