Luz x Human!Reader (Romantic)

Not a Request! (It wasn't a request, but ratt57 gave me the idea so credit to her)

--

Story: Luz goes to summer camp instead of the Boiling Isles and meets Y/n.

--

Luz sighed and looked down at the sidewalk. She didn't want to go to summer camp. Camila walked out of the house.

"Oh my baby-" Camila hugged her daughter. "Don't worry, summer camp is only going to be for three months. You'll be so busy balancing checkbooks, and learning to.. appreciate public radio, the time will fly by!"

"But mom, I don't like any of that stuff-" Luz took out her Azura book. "I like editing anime clips to music and reading fantasy books with complicated backstories-"

"Mija your fantasy world is holding you back. Do you have any friends? Real ones? Not imagined or drawn, or reptilian."

Luz slumped, feeling glum.

"Summer camp is a chance to make new friends, but you have to try. Can you do that?" Camila asked. Luz put her book in the trash can.

"Yes mom.." Luz hugged herself.

"Oh, I gotta go to work-" Camila said as her phone buzzed. "The bus will be here soon, have fun," she kissed her daughter's cheek and walked away.

"Bye mom.." Luz waited until she was gone and ran to the trash can. "Where is it, where is it?" She saw her Azura book and picked it up, hugging it. She put it back in her bag and sighed.

She waited for a few minutes and she saw her mom coming back.

"Mama?" Luz questioned.

"Work got canceled today, so how about instead of taking the bus, I'll drive you there. You'll have full control of the playlist-" Camila offered.

"Oh, yeah, okay. That sounds fun-" Luz smiled weakly. She still didn't want to go, but she didn't have much of a choice. They got in the car and Camila drove her to summer camp. When she got there, Luz felt nervous. She looked around. She didn't really see anyone she knew.

"Have fun Mija, text me later. Love you-" Camila hugged Luz again before leaving. Luz took a deep breath and walked into summer camp. She managed to get her cabin information and schedule.

"Okay, cabin 7-" Luz read on the paper. She walked up to the cabin and walked in. There were a few kids there already.

"Uh, hi!" She smiled nervously.

"Sup-" one of them said.

"Hey," another waved a little.

Luz put her stuff down by one of the beds. "Uhh, I'm Luz. Luz Noceda."

"Nice to meet you Luz! I'm Y/n. That's Hazel-" they pointed at a dark-haired girl. "Ozzie-" they pointed at one with red hair. "And Isaac," they pointed at a dark-haired boy in a purple shirt.

"Nice to meet you all-" Luz said. She was still nervous. She wanted to make a good first impression.

"Hey, chillax dude. If you're worried about messing up because you're weird or whatever, it's totally fine. We've all been there before-" Y/n assured her. It was as if they had read her mind.

Luz nodded. "Yeah.. I get picked on a lot at school. Mostly because I like fantasy books like Azura and stuff-" Luz pulled out her book.

Y/n gasped. "You read Azura too? I love those books!"

"Really? I thought I was the only one, honestly-" Luz said.

"What's your favorite book?" Y/n asked.

"Probably the fifth one. Hecate and Azura were just meant to be!" Luz smiled.

"Agreed. So you're into witchy stuff?"

"Oh, for sure. My mom actually sent me here because I got too into it-" Luz laughed a bit.

"Dude. Same. It sucks- but at least I got to meet you," Y/n smiled and winked.

"Yeah, you seem pretty cool," Luz blushed a little.

Hazel coughed loudly. "Earth to simps- wake up."

"Oh, sorry guys- forgot you were there for a minute." Y/n chuckled.

Luz had a feeling she was going to like this place.

--

A/N: I need to sleep lmao. Hope you enjoyed!