𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act III ; chapter seven

——————

Today was the day, the day of the Death Gala hosted at 8 o'clock tonight until midnight with an after party afterwards. Emery was nervous, more so because of her parents and Laxus. She couldn't even bear spending the night at her house as they all stayed at Natlynn and Parker's.

By time she had woken up, Laxus and the boys were gone to a tuxedo fitting early that morning. She walked downstairs to see the girls all eating breakfast, a bright smile on their faces.

"Em!" Natlynn yells to the girl, setting down her cup of tea before walking over to her best friend. The Jack wrapped her arm around her shoulders, walking her into the kitchen. "The boys aren't gonna be back until 4 and then we have glam at 5 at my house if that's fine with you."

"You know it is." Emery smiled, thanking the maid for her cup of coffee. "Are you excited, Lu?"

"Yeah but I'm still anxious. Jax said there's gonna be a lot of people, I have to meet his grandfather—"

"You're gonna love Papa Luis!" Emery beamed, "He's one of the sweetest old man alive, I'm telling you."

Lucy smiled softly at Emery's words, her nerves calming down for a moment. Parker announced that she had to attend one last fitting before Natlynn offered to join her. As the two Jacks left, Emery had offered Lucy to come with her shopping.

——————

Lucy had barely seen anyone all day besides Emery, who had eventually left to see her parents for a quick moment. Lucy wandered around Death City, amazed with the new items that they had for sale here. She saw a pair of shoes that was just as much as her rent but she knew compared to Jax and the others, it was nothing. She squealed in excitement at the sight of a bookstore, taking a picture to remind herself to show Levy when she came back home.

Lucy walked inside, waving at the older woman standing behind the cash register. She stared in awe at all of the different size books with different covers, running her fingers down the spines. She gasped at the golden covered book in front of her, "No fucking way."

"No fucking way what?" A gruff voice said behind her, making her jump in surprise. She spun around to see a smirking Jax behind her, "I hope I didn't frighten you."

"You did and what are you doing here? I thought you were at some fitting with the others." Lucy glared, trying to calm down her heart.