𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act IV ; chapter four

——————

Emery hummed to herself in the art room Laxus made for her, waking up with an urge to paint. She can't remember the last time she picked up a paint brush since she had joined Fairy Tail. The feeling of the brush leaving the beautiful cream color on the easel brought her comfort, her soul being poured into the painting she was creating.

"You look so focused." Laxus commented behind her, leaning against the doorframe. She turned her head, taking in his appearance of only wearing pajama pants and slippers. "Do you always look like that when you paint?"

"You're not the only person who's that," Emery chuckles, "Painting is my comfort space, whenever I'm feeling something, I know I can come paint my feelings away."

Laxus smiled softly, "So you're annoyed or something, judging by your face."

Emery giggled, dipping her brush in the mint pastel green. "One time, P told me that whenever I paint, she could always tell what kind of mood I was in by the color on my palette. If it was pastel and bright colors then I was happy but anything darker, I was trying to break away from the real world. Which is sort of true, painting helps me escape reality into the one I can create with a simple brush."

"Damn, that was deep." Laxus remarks, approaching the blonde and wrapping his arms around her waist. She was painting a landscape with a beautiful oak tree with multiple colored leaves in the corner, he applauded the detail in the painting. "The only thing I can do is stick figures."

"Maybe I can teach you a thing or two later on in life." Emery smiled warmly, kissing his cheek. "Are you ready to ice skate today?"

Laxus grumbled in annoyance before pulling away from the girl. He begged Makarov to take Ice Skating of the activity list, knowing that it was another thing Emery loved to do. It wasn't that he didn't know how, it was that he knew she was going to make him skate with her and the thought of being watched by everyone made his skin crawl.

"Don't be such a bitter bug! It'll be fun." Emery beamed, sitting down her paint brush and palette. "You get to hangout with your favorite person."

"Your definition of fun is what I imagine torture to be."

——————

Laxus dreadfully stared at the skating rink, watching everyone either bust their ass or move across the ice with gracefulness. Emery had walked off to grab them some skates and he was slowly regretting leaving his room. He looked over to see her in full conversation with Rufus, a bright grin on her face as she laughed at the man.