𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

——————

——————

PURE LUST

Act VII ; chapter five

——————

Natlynn, Emery and Parker flown to Death City and the Ruben household when they received that call from Lucy early this morning. Luis was officially dying and today was his last day on this earth. After the every treatment possible, the sickness invading his body had taken over and was only slowly killing him. As much as Jax didn't want to, he had to let his grandfather go from his suffering.

The girls were worried sick about Jax. Luis was the only family he had, he had been his best friend and by his side forever. He was losing a piece of himself. They knew it would take a toll on him mentally and emotionally and they knew he was blaming himself for it. Luis was his lifeline and they knew that this would destroy him.

The kids were left with their fathers at Natlynn's apartment until given the okay to bring them. The sky had grown grey and gloomy as rain poured down on Death City. Natlynn was the first one to walk through the doors, Parker and Emery close behind. They were guided to Jax's office where, according to Lucy, he hadn't left since the news hit. They knew it would be hard for him to see him in such a condition.

Natlynn opened the door and saw the teary eyed man standing by his bar pouring him another glass. He turned around at the sound of the door, happiness flooding through him at the sight of them. He put his glass down and Natlynn sped walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist, holding onto her tightly as fresh tears came back.

"J, I'm so so sorry this is happening." Natlynn says, her words muffled in his shirt. The other two joined the hug as he moved his arms to hold the three of them. He could always count on his girls to be by his side, no matter what they had going on in their own lives.

"We're always here for you, I hope you know that." Parker said.

"And don't be afraid to call if you need help with Storm or something else! We'll be here in a heartbeat." Emery added, the trio pulling away and looking at him. He was a mess; bloodshot eyes and messy hair that looked like he didn't bother to fix.

"T-Thank you. I really do appreciate it." He thanked, trying not to break down in front of them.

Natlynn put a hand on his arm, "Luce says you haven't been by to see him yet, do you want to go together?"

Jax exhaled a shaky breath, this is what he's been dreading all day. He heard of the different people coming to see him in his last moments but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Knowing that this was the last time they were going to be together, he didn't want that to be his last memory of him. He leaned on his desk, trying to catch his breath.