𝙎𝙄𝙓𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act V ; chapter sixteen

——————

Natlynn watched Natsu finish building their daughter's crib, her birth approaching soon. She couldn't wait to have her, to hold and cuddle the baby she's been growing for the past nine months. She desperately tried to make sure everything was perfect for her arrival, the only thing was to make sure her room was perfect. Natlynn found a apartment in Death City for her, her daughter and Natsu when he came to visit. She mostly decorated and had Jax move her furniture but Natsu demanded that he helped with the nursery.

"Finally!" Natsu exclaimed, moving the crib against the wall as Natlynn wanted. "It's finished."

"Now, we just have the one at home!" Happy announced, landing on Natlynn. "I'm sure Winter won't mind."

"I'll trust her judgment before Natsu's." Natlynn chuckled, earning a glare from the dragon slayer. "Thank you, Natsu."

"You don't have to thank me, she's not just your kid." Natsu beamed.

Natlynn offered to cook the three of them lunch, Natsu and Happy agreeing happily. They sat at her island as they watched her make them ramen, making sure Natsu's was spicy just like how he liked it. Their mouths drooled at the sight of the big glass bowls she brought over, a soft smile on her face.

"Thank you!" They both cheered, eating his food like he usually did.

Natlynn laughed, "I hope she doesn't have your appetite and eats like you. I may have money but I can't feed a mini Natsu."

Natlynn cleaned up the kitchen, holding her stomach as she let out a soft grunt. The boys looked up at her with concern, but she assured them that she was fine. "Are you sure? I can help you clean." Natsu offered, grabbing his and Happy's finished bowls and bringing them over to the sink.

"Natsu Dragneel offering to clean? Pigs must be flying." Natlynn laughed, which he huffed childishly at. She looked up at him, putting a hand on his forearm, "You're gonna be a good Dad, Natsu. I can tell."

Natsu smiled brightly at her, those words hitting closer to his heart than she realized. As much as he was nervous about being a father, being responsible and watching your own child grow was something he couldn't wait to experience. He opened his mouth to say something, but Natlynn's cough cut him off. She slowly started to cough more harsher, putting a hand on her chest.