𝙏𝙒𝙊

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act V ; chapter two

——————

Emery sat in her family's car, watching the traffic and people pass by her as she rode to her family home in Death City. At first, she ignored Charlotte and Noah's calls and pleads to see their daughter in person, mostly because she didn't want their toxicity in her pregnancy or her child's life when it arrived. But as time passed, she realized that no matter how she felt, they were her blood. Just as her child would know about the Dreyars, she wanted it to know about the Huntingtons.

In Death City, her last name caused trembles in others. Surely, it didn't strike fear in other's hearts like the Jacks and Rubens but the Huntingtons were associated with them, which meant mess with one family and the other two were coming. She wanted her child to know about the dark history that came with her last name. Or maybe her heart was too big and naïve to completely cut off her parents.

Emery watched with softened eyes as her driver finally arrived in her pebbled driveway, a small cloud of dust behind them as they rode up the hill. She saw her parents waiting for her at the front door, bubbling with excitement. She withheld a depressed sigh as she opened her door, thanking her driver for his services.

"Oh, Emery!" She heard her mother exclaim, wrapping her arms tightly around the blonde. "Is it true?! Am I going to be a grandma?!"

"Hello to you, too." Emery dryly laughs, patting her back. "And yes, it's true. Me and Laxus are expecting."

"This is wonderful news, my love! Isn't it Noah?" Charlotte says, looking over at her husband. Emery was surprised to see a soft smile on his face, not a sign of rage and disappointment.

"This family's gaining another Huntington, it is wonderful news indeed." Noah states, "Let's move inside, shall we?"

——————

Emery sat at the dining table with her parents, eyeing the cup of tea in front of her. This was the same spot where she abruptly left and told them to go to hell, it was shocking that they were this calm in front of her. They've had no contact in over four months since then and now they were welcoming her with open arms.

"Oh, and when you see Natlynn, tell her I said congratulations also." Charlotte smiles, placing a hand on Emery's. "It's a gift that you two girls are able to experience something so beautiful together. There's nothing better than spending it with your best friend."