𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act V ; chapter five

——————

Two months had flown by faster than Natlynn expected, but she spent most of her time with her family and the demons. It hasn't wrapped around her head that she was expecting a child in less than six months until she had watched her stomach grow into a small bump. Herminio insisted that she threw a gender reveal and started thinking about a nursery, clothes and other necessities that his grandchild will need but she wasn't in the spirit for it.

It wasn't that she wasn't excited to be a mother, she was terrified of being like her mother. Celeste was warming and loving to her until she turned six years old, then came the verbal abuse and the one time physical. She'll never forget the anger look on her face when she found out she was getting bullied. Natlynn was an innocent kid who didn't believe in violence that was always Parker, so she always let her fight her battle.

Celeste had struck her so hard that her father had to forcibly grabbed her and drag her outside so she wouldn't harm their daughter again. The loud yelling of their argument and glass breaking echoed through their home. Natlynn sobbed harshly in her bedroom until Parker came and comforted her, helping her cover the bruise on her cheek.

Natlynn knew she would never harm her child in that way, but she didn't want them to grow the same hatred that she did after that day. The thought of Celeste and her betrayals set a wave of emotions through her. She wanted her baby to be filled with pride and happiness when their mother was brought up just as she does when Herminio is mentioned.

"Lovely."

Emery's soft voice broke Natlynn's trance out of the mirror, turning around and seeing her blonde friend with a soft smile on her face. Emery was beyond excited for motherhood with the love of her life, something she thought she would never get. She was already looking at houses in Magnolia with Laxus.

She tried to encourage Natlynn into her pregnancy but she knew her efforts weren't working. "How long are you gonna sit in your room with your thoughts like a lunatic?" Emery teased, wrapping her arms around her neck. Emery giggled at the feeling of their stomachs bumping one another, pulling away and rubbing her stomach. "How's my niece or nephew doing?"

"They're fine, getting more busy by the day. How about you?" Natlynn asked.

"Well, I hope this kid comes out the greatest wizard alive by the way its kicking my ass." Emery laughed, which the Jack joined in. "Have you thought about the gender reveal right?"