𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

Act II ; chapter nine

——————

Natlynn always knew she was a special child, her mother made sure to remind her of it. That she was the daughter of a Jack, the greatest family alive. But her father taught her not to be ashamed of who she was, to embrace her last name instead of resenting it. She never knew she would be special enough where she could come back from the dead without any explanation. The nurse was so freaked out that she ran out screaming, calling out for some doctors.

They ran tests on her, never having seen a patient come back to life after clearing dying on the table. But she came back normal, her vitals were normal. All of the internal bleeding and damages were gone without a trace, it was like she was never injured. They placed her in a hospital bed in case, informing her that they are going to tell her family the news.

She stared out the sunny window, not feeling any type of emotion. She felt like crying but couldn't build the energy to; she wanted to scream and destroy everything in the room but she couldn't bring herself to. She stared at the IV in her hand, seeing no point of it being there. She blankly looked up as her room door was slammed out, Parker, Jax, and Emery coming inside first. They all tackled the girl into a big embrace.

"Don't ever do something stupid like that again, I was worried sick!" Emery scolded.

"You scared us half to death, kid." Jax sighed.

"Don't go dying at a young age, that's so lame." Parker attempted to joke.

They all pulled back and observed her blank face, the fake smile on her face. Her emerald eyes shifted over to Team Natsu, her brows furrowing in confusion. "Natsu?" She whispered, acknowledging the boy's presence.

"Hey Natlynn." Natsu smiled softly, waving at the brunette. "It's good to see you're okay!"

Jax scoffed at the dragon slayer, turning back to Natlynn. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

Natlynn didn't respond as she stared down at her hands. Flashbacks of what slowly happened came back to her; her and Jax, her begging Jax not to let her die until this very moment. She clenched her fist at the memory, gripping the white sheet in front of her. She looked up at Jax, "What happened to me?"

"Camilá."

She turned to see her father standing by the doorway, walking towards his daughter as he hugged her tightly, the others moving out his way. He whispered sweet things under his breath as he observed her face for any injuries and only saw how pale she was. "How do you feel?"