𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀

——————

——————

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

act VI ; chapter three

——————

Planning a funeral was much harder than Emery imagined; having decide what kind of service to have, to put together an invite list, hiring top security to protect her and her family's privacy and Summer's safety and being overwhelmed by the lawyers and council men who were in the investigation.

But just as Emery predicted, they were too afraid to dig deep into her parents' murder which is why Jax offered to conduct his own investigation, knowing that he would get more results than they ever could. Natlynn and Parker decided to take over the wedding planning, sending her everything and asking for her permission with certain things but she trusted them to deliver her dream wedding.

The only thing they wanted on her plate was her parents, Laxus had been an amazing help with Summer. Between Makarov, him and the Thunder Legion, the youngest Dreyar was in perfect care whilst her mother was dealing with her own issues. Emery smiles everytime Laxus sends her a picture of their daughter smiling happily, especially the one with her great grandfather.

Today was finally the day, the day she buried her parents. Jax offered to escort her to the graveside and Team Natsu and Thunder Legion would keep Acelynn and Summer at Natlynn's home since it was pouring raining outside, just so Laxus could be there by her side. Emery sighed softly as she finished the last touches on her hair, brushing out her soft curls. She didn't bother putting on a face full of makeup considering that she would most likely cry it off once she got there.

A soft knock was heard on her bedroom door, Jax peeking his head inside as he sent the girl a soft smile. She nodded softly, before walking towards him and accepting his arm as they walked downstairs. Her parents house was cold and empty for the first time, no maids or butlers rushing to please her as they done growing up. After her parents death, she made sure that every single one of her employees had found jobs and had enough to persuade a dream that they wanted to accomplish. It was the least she could do for them considering they helped raise her.

Jax opened his black umbrella for her, covering the both of them as they headed towards their car. The gloomy sky matched the mood for today as the hard raindrops fell on the umbrella, being much louder to Emery than it normally would have. Once they gotten inside and rode out of the driveway, Emery felt her heart pounding against her chest as her reality settled in.

Jax softly took her hand into his, rubbing her knuckles softly, "Don't worry, we're here for you." He reassures, adding the Jacks who were most likely already at the gravesite. Emery sent him a soft smile, placing her hand on his shoulder. The rest of the ride was silent which Emery appreciated deeply.