Ch 48 | The Details

Y/N's POV:

Hot water pelts against your skin, coating your body in warmth, providing you the tiniest bit of relief from the deep ache in your chest. Last night with Seokjin was incredible — the way he looked at you, the way he kissed you, the way he made love to you, all of it was different. You went to sleep feeling like a million bucks, but unfortunately had to wake up to your harsh reality this morning.

Seokjin is absolutely the person you want to be with, you're so in love with him you don't know what to do with yourself. But having to wake up and remember that all your pain was at the hands of his own brother almost sent you into another panic attack. Jin stayed asleep and you sprinted to the shower, somehow able to talk yourself off the ledge without going into a full blown meltdown.

You're scared to get out of the shower though. You're barely holding it together. So far all you've been able to do is stand in the hot water with your hands pressed to your chest, unable to wash yourself, worried you'll break down if you move. Tears brim in your eyes and you have to bite into your lip to stop your sobs, remembering all the beatings you had to take.

For no reason.

"Bug?" you hear through the door, making you flinch.

Fuck.

The tears you've been battling against come pouring out of your eyes at just the sound of his voice. You can't respond. Your throat won't let you.

You bury your face into your hands and cry quietly. The bathroom door opens and you can hear Seokjin moving around; he probably knows you're crying even though the shower glass is fogged up.

Goosebumps spread across your skin due to the freezing air that washes over you as Seokjin opens the door to step inside. He doesn't say anything, he just wraps you into his arms, pulling you tightly against his naked body. Your hands fall from your face to wrap your arms around him, gripping the muscles on his back as tightly as you can while sobbing into his chest.

He shifts his body so you're still under the warm water, his large hand running over your wet hair, his lips pressing gently to the top of your head here and there. Just being in his strong arms already has you feeling better, but you still cry it out. After a few minutes you start to calm down and he gently pulls you back, cupping your cheek to look at you. Your eyes flutter closed as his lips press to yours, somehow shooting butterflies through your upset stomach.

He doesn't have to ask why you're crying or if you're okay. He knows.

"I love you," he whispers between another kiss.

"I love you too," you say quietly, feeling your cheeks heat up from how tenderly he's touching you.

"Let me help," he smiles warmly, turning you around to put some shampoo in your hair. He helps you wash up and you let him, half because you're too exhausted to do it yourself and half because you know it makes him happy.

Once he's done you step out of the shower and dry off while he washes himself. You offered to help but he firmly refused, saying it would turn him on and he'd have no choice but to have sex with you again. You actually entertained the idea for a second but decided to laugh it off and hop out. After last night, your legs definitely can't handle shower sex.

You dry your hair for a bit and wrap yourself in your towel before stepping out into the bedroom.

"Holy shit!" you shout, almost stumbling backwards after having the life scared out of you.

Ana lifts an eyebrow from your bed, finding it amusing how shocked you are until her eyes land on your chest. "Jesus Christ, did he have you for dinner last night?" she snorts.