Ch 6 | Double Shift

Y/N's POV:

"Did Yoongi and Jungkook strike you?"

Your eyes frantically search Seokjin's before you break his gaze.

"N-no," you stutter and look back down at your lap. "It was just a misunderstand-"

"[Y/N]," Jin's deep and raspy voice cuts you off, sending a chill down your spine. Your watery eyes meet his again and you have to bite into your lip to stop yourself from bawling all over again.

"Don't lie to me," he says angrily, still holding you against his body. Your face is only inches from his and it's stirring your numb heart up just the tiniest bit.

"I-I mean I wouldn't say they struck me," you answer nervously, trying not to break his gaze. "I didn't bleed or anything."

"That's not true," Taehyung says with a growl, stepping closer to crouch down beside Jin. You wince as V's thumb brushes over the tiny cut that remains from JK's rings. "Her cheek was bleeding."

"Stop," you glare, shoving his hand away. "You're not any better than they are. You and Jimin let them hit me."

Taehyung freezes in place as Jin turns to glare at him. He visibly shivers and backs up before getting yelled at.

"So they did hit you," he scowls, turning his attention back towards you. "And Jimin and V just watched."

You eye the nervous V up and down and sigh. "Taehyung did rip Jungkook off of me and tell him to stop after the first hit."

You feel Jin's shoulders relax but not by much. "So you were hit twice? Once by each of them?"

You look back down at your lap and nod. "It was just a slap though."

He takes in a big deep breath before swallowing you back into his chest. "Thank you for telling me," he exhales. "Not a single person is going to lift a finger against you from now on."

Your face flushes as you feel Jin's soft lips press against the top of your head. "You're getting out of here today. There is no trial against you anymore."

"Really?" you look up at him with sparkling eyes. "I don't have to go back in there? I don't have to go to court?"

"Nope," Jin shakes his head, pressing his lips to an uninjured spot on your forehead and making your skin tingle. "The current warden has already been fired and that shitty attorney you had will never see another courtroom in his life."

"Jin..." you say shakily as your cheeks get a little pink. "I'm not going to lie, you are so sexy right now."

Your comment takes him off guard as he chokes before bursting out into his windshield wiper laugh.

"But how did this happen?" you ask him, glancing back and forth between Jin and V.

"I'm going to let Taehyung's behavior towards you slide," he says sternly, making V stiffen a little bit. "Only because he's the reason I woke up."

"What?"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Author's POV:

Flashback: 4 days ago

"Hyung," Taehuyng says out loud. "There's something that's bothering me about what [Y/N] said yesterday." V watches his oldest brother's chest slowly rise and fall before glancing up at Namjoon on the other side of Jin's hospital bed.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"I went to see her last night. I asked her to tell me again what happened when Jin was stabbed."