Ch 66 | Intentional

Y/N's POV:

"It's okay, babe," Dal says softly, running his hand over your hair. "You're okay."

You squeeze him tighter, burying your face into his chest as you try and muffle your sobs. He presses his mouth to the top of your head, again not kissing you, just trying to squish himself closer to you.

After Dal held you in the doorway for a little bit he tapped your hips to make you jump up into his arms. Wrapping your legs around his waist, he carried you back to the couch as you continued to cry into the crevice of his neck and shoulder. Sitting down, he placed himself in the corner of the couch so you could sit between his legs, and you've been crying into his green hoodie for the last ten minutes.

It's dark inside; the only light is from the bright moonlight shining in from the tall windows. The whole apartment is silent besides your stifled cries and Dal's occasional words of reassurance. After another couple minutes you eventually start to calm down, trying to make sharp inhales to catch your breath.

Seeing Dal's face is the only thing that stopped your massive oncoming panic attack. Not even Ana or Jungkook could've stopped this one.

He pulls your face back and cups your cheeks, uselessly wiping away your tears with his thumbs since more keep falling down.

"Talk to me," he says, boring his eyes into yours.

"S-Sung-ho told his p-parents he and M-Ma-Ri are in love."

Dal purses his lips, already piecing together what probably happened. "I'm guessing Seokjin didn't take the news well."

"No," you shake your head. "He was a w-wreck."

"Did he take it out on you?"

You break eye contact, giving Dal the answer without having to say it. His body stiffens from anger but you don't want him to be angry right now. You're not angry, you're just sad.

"H-he's always been patient with my outbursts against him," you say a little calmer, finally controlling your breathing again. "I can handle his."

"He didn't hurt you, right? Physically?" he asks in a serious tone.

"Of course not," you shake your head, looking back into his eyes. "He threw a glass cup that shattered but I was downstairs."

"Okay, good," he says softly, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. "I would lose my job and beat his ass if he ever hurt you."

"He would never lay a hand on me," you assure him, already feeling a little better. "He was just blinded by his hurt and anger, and said some things he didn't mean..." you pause and look away again. "At least I hope he didn't mean them."

"What did he say?"

You bite into your lip, trying to find the right words. "Well, I kind of already guessed Sung-ho must've had some sort of feelings for Ma-Ri, so when his parents told us, I wasn't that shocked." Dal moves his hands from your face and down to the tops of your thighs as you sit up and little more. "He accused me of hiding it from him."

"Were you hiding it?" he asks.

"Of course not," you frown, looking down at his tear stained chest. "It was just a theory, I had no idea if he was actually in love with her. Why would I say something like that and make him panic for no reason?"

"I get that," he sighs. "He was clearly just trying to direct his anger somewhere."

"Yeah," you whisper, keeping your eyes down.

"You seem to understand that part," he says, his doe eyes burning into your forehead since you won't look back up. "So he must've said something else."