7| Lawyer

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Lawyer

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 7: Lawyer (Zarah's POV)

"I stabbed him," I repeated, staying behind Logan as the man approached us. 

"You go around stabbing men often, Ms. Romano?" Logan mused, grabbing my arm and bringing me in front of him, holding onto my arms from behind, using me as a shield. 

"Only when they try selling me drugs and then sexually assaulting me," I shrugged, looking at him over my shoulder, tilting my head back to meet his gaze. 

"Where's your weapon?" 

"In his leg." 

He stared at me, something indistinguishable swirling in his eyes. "Call the police?" 

"No. I don't want to go to jail," I said innocently before flashing him a grin. 

"You fucking psycho bitch!" I closed my eyes, turning my head the other way, waiting for the blow to come from that creep... But it never did. 

Logan caught his hand, twisting it back towards his palm until he yelled in pain. "I think you might be going to jail anyway," Logan whispered in my ear from behind before taking my arm in his free hand and pulling me to the side as he stepped forward and kicked the guy in his knees, causing them to give out. He fell to the floor, still groaning in pain as Logan eyed him head to toe. 

"I called the cops on your crazy whore," the man spat out, glowering at Logan. 

"We'll see about that," Logan replied, pushing the man down onto the floor, his gaze shifting to the man's leg as the knife remained pierced and impaled into his calf. Logan's gaze drifted to me, coming up from my heels, slowly traveling up my legs, my thighs, the length of my dress, all the way up to my face. "Any injuries?" 

"No, I'm superhuman," I replied sarcastically before showing him my scraped-up elbow and wrist. 

He walked closer and took my chin between his fingers, tilting it up. "How did you cut your chin?" 

"I don't know. Maybe somewhere between when he pushed my face into a wall while shoving his hand up my dress and me tackling him to the ground," I said nonchalantly, throwing Logan's hand off and dusting off my dress, frowning at the expensive black cowl neck satin slip dress. "That's Chanel," I huffed. 

Logan stared at me blankly. "I'm sure the homeless creep will make up for Chanel," he said dryly, both of us glancing at the man still rolling on the ground in pain. 

I turned to Logan, blinking. He was a bit... too expensive to be my attorney. But I was too lost and too unprepared for this, I knew nothing about the law, what if I said something and landed myself in jail? 

Should I get out of here? 

He turned to me, pure annoyance etched onto his face. "Some kind of security you have," he said sarcastically, looking at me with pure disapproval like this was my fault.