41| Husband

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Husband

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 41: Husband (Zarah's POV)

I was just about to head upstairs, searching for Logan when someone grabbed me and pulled me away. 

A startled gasp escaped me as my eyes met Logan's while he pinned me against the wall, his body pressing into mine, setting me on fire. "Where are you going?" he asked, bracing his hands on the wall. 

"I was looking for you," I exhaled, "you disappeared for a while and you most certainly did not go to the bathroom." 

"Where else would I go?" 

"I don't know. But you're lying," I stated, folding my arms across my chest. "I don't appreciate it." 

"I just got caught up with one of the guests," he explained, "I got a little distracted." 

"I'm offended that someone else has the power to distract you more than me." 

"More than you? Never." 

I chuckled softly, letting my arms drop. "This party is incredibly boring," I mumbled, taking advantage of the fact that we were out of sight and way beyond earshot. 

He began leaning in and my breath hitched in my throat as his lips brushed against the shell of my ear. "Let's go home," he whispered softly with an enticing, seductive charm to his words. 

"What are we going to do at home?" I asked, playing dumb as he pulled back to meet my gaze. 

"How about I show you?" he offered, his eyes dancing across my face and lingering on my lips for a moment before meeting my gaze once again, captivating me. 

I'll never win. 

"Let me say goodnight to my parents and then—" 

He shook his head, already taking my hand and steering me toward the exit. "We'll never get away if we do that," he smiled in amusement. 

"Oh," I whispered, playing along, "take me away then, I guess." 

A soft laugh escaped him as we walked out the front doors, going by unnoticed, and then got in the car, heading straight back home. 

Logan's hand casually rested on my thigh like it belonged there, his thumb steadily stroking where my skin was revealed through the slit of my dress. 

Every moment I spent alone with Logan had this underlying palpable tension. He could walk into a room and the air would escape my lungs. It started to feel like there was nothing in this world beyond him, like the world started and ended with us. 

It's starting to feel like... love. 

The kind of romanticized love everybody wants to experience, the kind I've always wanted to experience. The all-consuming, obsessive kind of love. There hadn't been a day since I met Logan that I hadn't thought about him or what being with him would be like.