44| Never

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Never

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 44: Never (Logan's POV)

"Stop it," she laughed, swatting my hand off her thigh for the third time as we lay in bed together. 

"I'm not doing anything," I argued. 

"It tickles," she mumbled quietly, dropping her head on my chest once again and draping an arm across my torso. 

I picked it up, bringing her palm up, and drew tiny circles using my thumb before placing a quick kiss on her wrist. 

"Since when do you like kissing my wrist?" she asked, staring at me. 

"I kiss your pulse," I told her. "It's as close as I can get to kissing your heart." 

Her brows furrowed. "Logan... are you okay?" She began sitting up but I pulled her back in with a laugh and put an arm around her waist. 

"That was a bit too much," I agreed. 

She cracked a laugh, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. We stayed in comfortable silence for a while until I felt the hesitation creeping up and radiating off of her. "Can I ask you something?" she asked without lifting her eyes to meet mine. 

"Of course," I replied, pulling all her hair over her shoulders and twirling a strand around my fingers. 

"Will you break my heart again?" she questioned, looking up to glare at me. 

"I broke your heart?" I asked. 

"Logan," she said pointedly. 

I held her gaze for a beat before shaking my head. "Never." 

"Will you leave again?" 

"Never," I answered. 

"Will you stop loving me?" 

"Never, Zarah."

She paused and then looked away from me again. "So you won't run off to Romania once all this blows over?" 

"No." 

"Even though you want to and you hate it here?" 

"I get to love you here, my darling. I don't hate it here." 

"But you like living in Romania more, don't you? I don't want to tie you down to a place you don't call home. And if you're not going to stay then I need to know." 

I sighed softly, "What good does knowing do?" 

"I'll... mentally prepare," she muttered half-heartedly with a pout. 

"Zarah." 

She lifted her eyes to mine. 

"I'm never going to leave you unless it's being with me that hurts you."