Chapter Twenty Four

Captain Hook slowly descended so he would reach the lower level of the deck where Metanoia was harshly restrained to the wooden floorboards. Her breathing was frantic and erratic as she eyed Hook reaching her slowly. He stopped when he was five feet away from her, and raised his eyebrows intriguingly. "Where are my manners? I believe introductions are in order, are they not?"

Captain Hook gestured towards himself with palpable pride, exclaiming, "Captain Killian Jones, Captain of the Jolly Roger and my fellow pirates ... and who might you be?" He squinted his eyes as he pointed at her with his shiny, newly sharpened hook, which Metanoia eyed warily.

Nodding at the pirate crushing her down, Captain Hook allowed him to forcefully tug Metanoia up so she would be looking directly at the Captain while holding down her arms at an alarming grip backwards. Her knees were what kept her up on the floorboards, kneeling before the Captain. She hissed in pain when she felt her arm twist at an abnormal angle. Metanoia got the chance to observe him properly when she was seeing him in an upright vision. He was relatively tall, with black attire from head to toe, and a pristine black coat dragging behind him, along with a tight black vest hugging his chest. The matching coloured pants were also well-fitted to his legs, and when she raised her vision back up to his face, she had to admit that he was not how she thought he'd look. For a gruesome pirate with a reputation that precedes him, Metanoia pictures a man with a beer belly, wearing stained smelly clothes and matted hair which hasn't been washed in years, along with chapped lips from the sea salt and yellow, rotting teeth. Instead, he was dressed quite immaculately in her opinion, and his undeniably handsome face momentarily confused her. Subtle, dark eyeliner lining his eyes, Captain Hook's gentle shade of green eyes pored into her very soul, a cocky smirk on his sharp facial features. It wasn't like Pan's soulless smirk; on the contrary, Captain Hook's tug of his lips were almost amused and curious. He almost looked more of a youthful spirit than Pan, despite the fact that Hook was a fully grown man, while Peter Pan was still merely a young adult. But something lingered behind the excitement in the pirate's eyes; Metanoia could sense a hint of pain and anger.

She raised her eyebrows, cocking her head to the side a little as she gazed at him unwaveringly. "Where I come from, you go by a different name, Captain Hook."

A flash of anger had gone as quickly as it had come through Captain Hook's eyes, before he strode towards her and kneeled so he could see her better. Using his hook, he yanked Metanoia's chin up, slightly nicking her skin in the process and Metanoia clenched her jaw in annoyance.

Yet another scar she had to tend to.

"There's only one person who has the cruel audacity to dare humiliate me to this name." Killian Jones spat. "So let me ask you one more time, who . are . you?"

Metanoia glared hard at him, before she spat with confidence, "Metanoia."

Captain Hook inhaled slightly, "Well, Metanoia, you don't look the part for fae folk, nor do you belong to the mer-people." Hook's gaze trailed to her legs, before they returned to her face. "And you certainly don't look like the Indian tribe." His eyes scanned her plain cloak and brown pants knowingly.

Captain Hook's smirk broadened when Metanoia grimaced, before he voiced his suspicions. "There is only one person on Neverland who brainwashes his kind into referring to me by that filthy name. You're a Lost Girl, aren't you?"

When Metanoia made no move to respond, maintaining a cold expression on her face, Hook carried on. "I wasn't aware that Peter Pan allowed girls in his little army." The boy's name tasted bitter on his tongue, and he spoke it out load as though it was venomous poison.

Metanoia scowled at him, yanking her head away from his hook, and raising her chin up arrogantly. "I'd be the first."

"Well, I'm starting to question Pan's judgment of who he brings into his little team." He paused as the pirates laughed around them. "It doesn't seem like you're good enough seeing as though you've been caught." Hook cackled, allowing the other pirates to laugh gruffly too, their volume of laughter rising exponentially.