Chapter Forty One

Warning: mature content ahead 🔥🌶

WARNING: This chapter contains violence, so please only read if you're comfortable with it.

Thank you for getting Metanoia to over 25K+ reads. Always grateful for all of you 💗

Metanoia was marching towards the Lost Boys' camp, murder on her merciless mind and her eyes flashing with malicious intent, her heart and every nerve in her body craving violence. She was done with having people play her. She'd been deceived several times now by people she held dear to her heart, but no more. Metanoia would never allow it ever again.

She entered camp in fast strides, and her wild eyes quickly scanned the parameters, before they finally landed on the boy in question. He was sat with Denzel and James, crafting arrows and fixing bows. She stalked over to him, zoning in on him, and only him.

"Hey, Metanoia! Do you wanna ..." Sam trailed off, a few barks of wood clutched in his arms as he took note of her murderous glare and her fast approach towards the three boys.

Peter was sat in the distance, and his eyes already clocked her walking across the scope of camp, straight towards David, Denzel and James with a horrifyingly angry look on her face. Pan raised an eyebrow curiously, but that was the only reaction he exposed.

"Metanoia! How's it g-" David's voice was sharply cut off by a loud, ringing slap across across his cheek, throwing his head to the side from the impact of Metanoia's hand. The echoing slap grabbed everyone's attention, causing them to laugh in disbelief. Peter smirked knowingly at the situation, and bit his lip to avoid letting out a laugh.

"You're a manipulative, little bitch, you know that?" Metanoia spat angrily, glaring down at him from where he was sat, but he furiously stood up, towering over her with a vicious glare.

"Am I?" David seethed. "And tell me, Noia, what have I done that makes me a manipulative, little bitch?" He shoved her shoulder, belittling her, but Metanoia retaliated by grabbing his wrist and twisting it forcefully at an abnormal angle.

Everyone could hear the loud, sickening crunch that followed after, indicating that she had broken his bone. David's eyes widened and he grit his teeth to avoid yelping in pain. He was beyond astonished by her impeccable strength, one which she hadn't possessed just a mere few days ago when they dueled against each other during training. It was supernatural, and David was starting to have his suspicions about her.

"Don't test me." Metanoia hissed in his ear, lowering her tone to a whisper so only he could hear. Little did she know, that Peter was abusing his supernatural hearing to listen in on her words and invading their privacy.

"I know it was you. It was you who told Pan about the locket, not Theo. And you let Theo take the fall for it. If you ever manipulate me, lie to me, or meddle with what doesn't concern you, I will personally scoop out your eyeballs and feed them to you." She threatened him quietly, holding a terrifyingly sweet tone and making David wince as she kept her tight grip on his broken wrist.

When David didn't respond, Metanoia squeezed his wrist even more, and he cried out in pain.

"Am . I . Clear?" She asked tightly, and David gave in.

"Okay, okay, you're clear! Let go of me, you fucking psychopath!" David panicked, and Metanoia finally let go of him. The moment she did, David cradled his wrist as James and Denzel gaped at them incredulously, as did everyone else in camp.

All but Pan, of course - who Metanoia hadn't even noticed was there until she lifted her gaze off David and set her eyes on the demonic boy who had corrupted her mind and her very soul. He was staring at her with a seductive smirk, his eyes swimming with an intoxicating desire for her, and Metanoia had to look away.