Chapter Twenty Seven

Peter felt a sharp ringing in his ears upon hearing the name of Metanoia's alleged father slip past her lips. His astonished eyes watched her as she hunched over to catch her breath while cradling her throat, and he blinked slowly. It slowly started to make sense in his mind, and yet, something still felt aggravatingly missing. Ares, the God of War, was simply quite the epitome of brutality and cruelty. As far as Peter knew, Ares did not have a daughter when he was living on Mount Olympus. And if Metanoia was indeed his daughter, how could Ares have allowed his own daughter to be banished to Neverland? Something did not add up, and Peter was growing insane with how much Metanoia occupied his thoughts.

"You're a liar." He growled menacingly, towering over her, his eyes glaring holes through her head.

Metanoia leaned her back against the wall as she sat hugging her knees to her chest and staring up at him, pure hatred pulsing through her veins towards him, but there was an unmissable flicker of fear in her eyes too.

"Why would I even lie about this? I don't even know who he bloody is." She rasped, her hands gently massaging her throat to soothe the ache Pan inflicted upon her.

Pan clenched his jaw, his nostrils flaring agitatedly, and snapped, "And how did you come to this revelation, hmm?"

"Because I saw him." She seethed, forcing her legs up so she could now stand right in front of him, only a mere inch or two apart. "I was right there with him. It was like a vision - and not only did I see this, but I even appeared to scare some King or something."

Peter's body immediately tensed, before demanding, "What was this king's name?"

Metanoia scrunched her face. "Why's it matter?"

Pan's eyes darkened and stepped even closer to her now, pressing her up against the wall and trapping her by placing both his hands on the wall on either side of her head. "What . Was . His . Fucking . Name?"

Metanoia shoved him, but he didn't budge at all, and she cried, "His name was Zeus, alright?! Now get the fuck off me!"

Pan lifted his arms and slammed Metanoia's shoulders back into the wall, causing her to wince in pain, but his face was now dangerously close to hers as he snarled, "You're the one who willingly came over to my treehouse, Metanoia. Be careful where you tread next time if you want to leave unscathed. What did you fucking expect me to do? Ask if you wanted a cup of tea?"

Metanoia frowned at him disbelief, but Pan was quick to speak again. "You will sit and you will tell me exactly what you saw when you were in possession of the Locket of Truths."

Metanoia raised an eyebrow in defiance. "And if I don't?"

Pan laughed darkly, one of his hands leaving her shoulder to tuck her hair behind her ear, and he brought his lips to her ear, brushing her skin delicately and mocked a sweet tone to express his threat. "Unless you have a death wish, sweetheart, you will do as I say."

He pulled his head back to stare down at her challengingly, and as Metanoia stared into his harsh face glowering at her with a tint of insanity in its purest form, she knew he wasn't bluffing. Gulping and feeling defeated, she whispered harshly, "Fine. But don't interrupt me while I'm fucking telling you everything I know."

~•~

By the time Metanoia had finished telling Peter everything she'd seen ever since the locket came into her possession, she was absolutely drained. Her eyes itched to flutter shut, and her body had relaxed itself into a cozy position on Peter's armchair at the corner of his room. He was sat on the chair opposite to hers, twirling the locket in his hands absentmindedly. She tried to stifle a yawn, but it broke through her self-restraint and her mouth was pried open, yawning so loud that Peter couldn't help but raise his eyebrows amusedly.