Chapter Twenty Nine

A/N: Hi, hello just a quick note to say THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FOR LETTING METANOIA REACH OVER 10K READS!! 🥳🥳 YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!
Okay, I hope you enjoy this one!! 💗 It's got 🔥 spice 🔥 in it. 😂 Mild spice, but you've been warned nonetheless! Enjoy 💗

Peter was frantically running, his legs carrying him swiftly through the dense forest of Mount Olympus, and his heart erratically pounding against his chest. His green eyes were wide with profound panic, and he felt as though he were on the brink of staring death in the face. He persisted in searching for her, but the more he searched and remained empty handed, the more he felt hopeless.

"Syrinx!" He called out to her apprehensively, but he didn't hear her voice call out to him in return. He turned into a 360 degree turn, his eyes being met by nothing but an endless sea of green leaves and total silence. He stopped abruptly as soon as he felt a surge of warmth engulf him whole, and he furrowed his eyebrows perplexedly. His vision settled on a particular tree, looking oddly out of place, and as he curiously stepped towards it, he felt his heart grow heavy with dread.

"It can't be." He whispered in disbelief, his fingers ghosting onto the bark of the tree, and a single tear rolled down his left cheek.

"It's over, Pan." A voice stated flatly behind him, and Peter whipped around in shaking fury, glaring viciously at Zeus.

"You did this?" Pan asked in disbelief.

Zeus shook his head. "It had to be done. There was no other way for her to be free of you."

Pan laughed deliriously. "Free of me?!" He hissed, "We were in love."

"No. You were in love - but Syrinx was not. She couldn't escape you, and this was the only way I could help." Zeus glared down at Pan.

Pan suddenly smirked sadistically, opening his mouth to reveal his sharp fangs and his horns emerging from the top of his head in his fit of rage, before gazing back at the tree, and touched it boldly, practically feeling it shiver beneath his touch. He sank his claws aggressively into the wood. "I will make you pay for this in due time, but I will ensure I punish her too for leaving me behind. She will not get away with this, and neither will you, Zeus."

"Why are you so obsessed with that thing in your hand?" Metanoia piped up curiously behind Pan, who slightly jumped and glanced down at his pan flute clutched tightly in his hands, carved out of wood. He gulped harshly, recalling how he cut down Syrinx's soul embedded into the tree and making the pan flute out of it so that every time he played it, he would be disobeying her wishes of being away from him. Every time his lips touched the instrument, her soul would writhe in agony and disgust, and he relished in it. It would be her eternal punishment for making a fool out of him, and a constant reminder for Pan to never allow himself to be distracted by foolish concepts like love. The word alone brought a bitter taste to his tongue.

"You really shouldn't creep up on someone like that." Pan muttered with a raised brow, still not looking at her.

Metanoia shrugged. "It's not exactly creeping if you can sense me coming."

Pan rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Don't you have your team task to do?"

Metanoia grinned toothily. "I'm about to head out with the boys."

"Hunting?" He grunted, and Metanoia smirked at him.

"Aw, is someone upset about not joining in on the fun? There's always room for you to come with us, you know?" She teased him, and Pan snapped his head up to glower at her, and he was a little taken aback when she shot him a playful wink. "The more the merrier."