Chapter Thirty One

WARNING: This chapter includes violence and torture.

"Watch your footwork, Metanoia!" Pan cupped his hand to his mouth to raise his voice, just as Metanoia flipped in midair and momentarily lost balance upon her feet touching the ground, giving David the opportunity to kick her in the stomach and knock the breath out of her. She doubled over in pain, but the moment she saw her opponent's figure charging at her, she instantly unfolded herself and backed away from his punch, before she jerked her knee up to his abdomen. David grunted in pain, and Metanoia swiftly swung her fist to collide with his jaw, throwing him to the side and he stumbled.

"Come on, David. I'm taking it easy in you, man." Metanoia teased the Lost Boy, who laughed and rolled his eyes, wiping the corner of his mouth with the back of his palm to remove the blood leaking from it thanks to her solid punch.

"Don't cry when I beat you, then." David warned her playfully, before lunged at her and tackled her by the hips. Metanoia was quick to root her feet to the spot to repel his weight pushing her. She held her breath as she resisted his tackle, before she elbowed his ribs, grabbed his arm and twisted it, giving her the perfect moment to turned to his back and shove him to the ground. Firmly, she pressed her knee to his back, lowering him down all while twisting his arm as he groaned in pain.

"Surrender, pretty thing." She smirked into his ear, and David panted in pain, though he had to admit, her ruthlessness was quite alluring to him.

Seeing that he no longer had a choice, and Metanoia's grip on his arm tightened further, he finally yelled, "Fine! I give, just let go of my arm!"

Metanoia smiled in satisfaction, before she abruptly released him, and David whined in pain as he rolled over and cradled his arm. She helped him up, offering him her hand to hoist him up. Metanoia then glanced over to Pan, but by then he'd already moved on to inspect Gabriel and Idris, and she clenched her jaw irritably. He's been dismissing her all week, and Metanoia was precisely aware as to why that was so. Peter Pan, on more than one occasion, was boldly seen escorting the blonde fairy up to his treehouse. Everyone witnessed it as they were having dinner more than once, and it was mentioned around Metanoia that the blonde, undeniably and enviously beautiful girl was a fairy from Pixie Hollow.

"But she's not ... you know, tiny." Metanoia dubiously mused, her blue eyes trained on the girl who was huddled up close to Pan's figure, scowling at the two of them.

Charlie roared with laughter, gazing at Idris and Sam while cackling, "Did you just hear what she said? Not tiny - oh, dear lord."

Metanoia snapped her focus towards Charlie, and she glared at him. "What?" She snapped. "What's so funny? I thought fairies were meant to be small in size like little dragonflies when they're not in Pixie Hollow."

Sam wiped a tear from his eye from his outburst in joining Charlie with laughter, before he briefly explained, "Yeah, but there's a potion the fairies can brew to transform themselves into human size when they're out of their territory."

"Isn't that illegal by Pixie Hollow law, though?" Elijah recalled thoughtfully as he toasted a marshmallow idly.

"Only if it's brewed within their grounds, so I'm assuming Pan's new lady friend concocted it on Pan's territory." Theodore suspected, and they all shifted their gaze back on the absurd duo, who were now at the door of Pan's treehouse.

"Can you imagine," Charlie giggled childishly to everyone sat in their group. "Can you imagine Pan fucking the miniature version of a fairy?"

Sam, Elijah, Finn and even Idris erupted laughing hysterically, as Nate and Theodore watched them amusedly.