Chapter Twelve

The afternoon sun was scorching, and it sent a wave of laziness among Neverland's residents. Metanoia had just finished her daily task, and she quickly fled to her treehouse to avoid the sun. She'd suffered enough from its sweltering heat by going hunting and exerting so much effort in fixing all the damage inflicted upon their camp. She now laid on her bed, the golden locket she'd snagged from Pan's treehouse dangling over her in her fist's clutches raised in the air. Her vibrant blue eyes glared long and hard at the item swaying left and right, urging it to glow again - but it never did. She scowled in frustration, and her eyes flashed dangerously.

"Come on. Why won't you just glow again?" Metanoia snapped angrily, before tossing it at the end of her mattress in a fit, and huffing up as she stared at her ceiling. She outstretched her leg, and her toes touched the locket, and she abruptly hissed in pain, retracting her leg. Her frown suddenly smoothened when she realised what this meant, and she instantly sat up in her bed, ignoring the dizzying state she was thrown into as a result of her abrupt movement, and she was staring straight at the locket, glowing.

She gasped in sheer fascination, and her hand twitched to touch it, reaching for it. Tentatively bringing her forefinger to touch the locket, it unexpectedly flashed brighter, and Metanoia frowned. She brought her face closer to the locket to peer over it properly, but without warning, the locket's light blinded her entirely, and she screamed as she felt herself fall inside it, into a never ending pit of a furious light.

Metanoia expected herself to fall somewhere and break her neck, but on the contrary, she landed with a soft thud on a flat surface, and she clutched her head to steady her stubborn dizziness. She swallowed harshly, and before she could observe her surroundings, Metanoia heard voices.

"Metanoia is a danger to herself, and Mount Olympus. Her power will consume her and destroy all of us in a heartbeat." A tall, elegant woman dressed in a maroon dress which immaculately fit her body, warned a broad-shouldered, muscular man with an enormous beard, as she gestured towards a sedated, young girl.

Metanoia frowned, and she scurried up to inch closer to the barely conscious girl. They were in what appeared to be a massive ballroom, adorned with gold carvings across its white walls, and lavishly red carpeting engulfing the centre of the marble floor. Once she'd gotten close enough, Metanoia gasped in horror.

There, right in front of her laying helplessly on the ground and chained mercilessly, was Metanoia herself. She was conscious, but was powerless enough to even utter a word, let alone lift a finger.

The muscular man acknowledged Metanoia's frail state cautiously. "Has it been foreshadowed by the seer?"

It appeared as though Metanoia was watching them have their endeavor unfold, but they could not see her at all.

The elegant woman nodded firmly. "Indeed. She must be banished."

Metanoia's eyes widened in disbelief, and the muscular man's eyes flashed in remembrance.

"You mean to banish her to the very same realm that demon was banished to?" He thundered outrageously.

Another man, sitting across the room, with the longest blue hair Metanoia's ever seen, cleared his throat, causing the muscular man to snap his furious gaze towards him.

Hardly wavered by the strong man's deadly aura radiating off him, the mystically blue man proposed, "may I suggest that banishing a deadly creation to the very same realm we all banished ... him, would be considered a death sentence to Mount Olympus?"

Metanoia shook her head in confusion, hardly comprehending a word, let alone the meaning behind all of this and how she got here. She spluttered, "deadly creation?!"