Chapter Thirty Six

A/N: Before we begin, I just wanna say THANK YOU SO MUCH for getting Metanoia to 20K+ reads! You guys have given it so much love, and it makes my heart feel so full of joy and appreciation to every one of you. Thank you so much to all of you who read Metanoia, whether you're a silent reader, a reader who votes, or a reader who loves commenting - all of you are super awesome!! 💜

"Usually, the offspring of a Greek God or Goddess is given a name which is an indication of the power bestowed upon them." Peter spoke animatedly, gazing at Metanoia with a focused look, as she stood a few feet away from him and listening to him attentively. They were at his Thinking Tree again, a spot which would now be known for their secret meetings away from the Lost Boys to explore her powers away from their inquisitive gazes.

"And if this is true in your case, then you should be aware of what your name means." Pan decided, and Metanoia nodded at him firmly.

"Okay, so ... what does it mean?" She questioned curiously.

Pan reached his hand out, before a thick book materialised in it. Metanoia blinked in awe, before she asked, "Couldn't you have just ripped the page the answer to my question is inked in?"

Pan shot her a disgusted look immediately, before biting, "I'm not a barbarian like you, holy hell. I don't just rip off pages from books - they're meant to be handled with care, something which you so clearly lack."

Metanoia rolled her eyes and pointed to herself. "Oh I'm the one who lacks care, am I? Take a look in the mirror, Pan."

Pan waved her off, flipping through the book's pages before stopping, and read aloud, "Metanoia, the act of changing one's way of life as a result of repentance or a spiritual awakening." 

She blinked uncomprehendingly, and Pan gave her an exasperated look.

"Why must you be so stupid?"

Metanoia looked startlingly offended, before shooting defensively, "What?! It just doesn't sound like a superpower to me."

"Of course it doesn't, you blithering idiot - because it's meant to be an indication. Honestly, were you not listening to me earlier?" He hissed in annoyance.

"I was. Maybe if you stop insulting me for a second, i'd have the chance to explain what I meant by that, you arrogant ass." Metanoia snapped agitatedly, but Pan's jaw ticked furiously, and he flicked his finger, causing Metanoia, who was a few feet away from him, to fly backward and roughly hit her back against the bark of a tree.

She groaned in pain as Pan watched with a smug smirk etched onto his face, before he amusedly stated, "Go on, then. What did you mean by it doesn't sound like a superpower to you?"

Metanoia slowly stood back up, clutching her lower back in pain as she glowered heatedly at him. "It sounds like a positive thing - my name, I mean. And when my powers are triggered, they tend to cause a mass destruction."

Pan straightened his back and stared unwaveringly at her before shrugging a shoulder. "There is a common ground, though."

He magically pulled her over to him so abruptly that Metanoia gasped and stumbled forward, landing right against Peter's chest, her cheek pressed against him with her hands clutching his upper arms. She instantly pulled back to stare up at him, and although he was looking at the book, a teasing smirk was openly displayed on his lips, and Metanoia blushed profusely.

"And what might that be?" She asked after clearing her throat and peering over the book with him.

He flipped a few pages before pointing a slender finger at the page he'd chosen, but Metanoia was too preoccupied with how enticingly attractive his hand looked, and she gulped nervously, but Pan hadn't noticed her lack of attention.