Chapter Fifty Two

A/N: She's back from her ridiculous hibernation period and she's ready to roll. 😎 i'm so sorry for the long wait, pls, forgive me.

Metanoia was up before anyone the next morning. Her eyes fluttered open, and immediately landed on Peter's pressed into his pillow, and her heart jolted at the warm sight before her. It was alarming how much she's grown to hold such profound love for him. Metanoia wasn't sure she even understood the severity of her adoration towards him, and the lengths she would go to for his safety.

Frankly, she would give her own life to keep him safe.

She admired the way his chest rose and fell gently, rhythmically, peacefully. His nose twitched ever so slightly, and Metanoia fought the urge to reach over and kiss it affectionately. She loved him so much it hurt her heart just looking at him. Just as she was about to turn and slip out of bed, his swoon-worthy, thick morning voice mumbled, "I'm so lucky my stalker is so pretty."

Metanoia couldn't help the smile spreading across her lips delightfully, as she swooped down to kiss his own tenderly.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." She murmured, lazily grazing his cheek with her hand.

"Morning, sunshine." He spoke quietly, his hand running through her hair absentmindedly.

"I'm starving." She confessed.

"When aren't you?"

Metanoia laughed, and slapped his bare shoulder playfully, before she got out of bed and Pan groaned in protest. "Come on, I want to have breakfast and get that dreadful conversation with my dad over with."

Peter lifted his head off his pillow, eyeing her curiously. "Have you made a decision, then?"

Metanoia nodded a little stressfully. "I think I have, yes."

"And?" He raised a brow.

Metanoia gazed at him, and her eyes said it all, and who is he to deny her of what she truly wants? Smiling at her reassuringly, Metanoia dipped her head in response, and turned her back to him. Outside, the aroma of bread freshly baked and bacon was wafting through Metanoia's nostrils as she stepped out of Peter's treehouse, bringing a delighted smile to her face. Just below, she could see her father with Theodore and Nate, Ares being very loud as he animatedly spoke, with Peter's second in command and finest warrior both looking inexplicably amused by the Greek God's alarming energy and excitement in the morning.

"I hope he hasn't snatched away your will to live." Metanoia teased as she approached them, causing Ares to stop short in the middle of a story he was telling, and making the two Lost Boys snap their gazes towards her and smiling tiredly.

"No, just my will to keep my ears attached to my head." Nate teased with a smirk, and Ares barked a laugh.

"He's quite funny, that one." Ares commented simply, and Theodore's amused look intensified even more, forcing Metanoia to bite her lip to avoid a laugh.

"Did you sleep well, Noia?" David's voice piped up behind her, and Metanoia craned her neck to glance at him expectantly, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"I did." Metanoia replied dubiously, and then added. "You?"

David shrugged, seating himself next to Nate, who wordlessly swapped his bacon for David's potatoes, an unspoken agreement between the two boys, because David allowed the exchange to happen.

"Slept fine, I suppose."

Metanoia stared at him, unblinking, and the boy startled. "What?"

"What's with you?" She immediately asked.