Chapter Twenty Six

Peter Pan lay in the immaculately green field, his back gently caressed by the ground beneath his body, and the grass teasingly poked his exposed flesh of his arms. He gazed up ahead at the bluest sky, his lips forming an easy smile, and his green eyes shimmering with delight. He could faintly smell the scent of lavender, for up head on that large field, lay another field of lavender. The breeze picked up abruptly, and he shivered as the goosebumps prickled his skin.

"Peter." A voice called out faintly. "Peter, where are you?"

He lazily blinked out of his trance, before slowly pulling his back off the ground, and sitting upright in the field. Up ahead, he could see Syrinx, daughter of the River God, Ladon, slowly approaching him, and he smiled ridiculously. She was absolutely breathtaking. Syrinx had the most striking amber eyes, ones which possessed the ability to see right through your soul. Her raven hair swayed at her hips in luscious curls, and her dimpled smile was enough to bring world peace. She was so captivating to Peter, and his heart thumped against his ribcage frantically. The way she made him feel so flustered simply by her presence never seemed to get old.

Peter scratched at his neck subconsciously, and yelled out, "Over here, my love!"

Syrinx's gaze shifted in his direction, before she broke out into a dazzling grin, causing Peter's heart to skip a beat. She sauntered over to him, and clutched his hands the moment she reached him, after he stood up.

"Why are you away from the main city?" She asked, pouting lightly.

Pan gazed down at her affectionately, before placing a gentle kiss on the tip of her nose adoringly. "You know I enjoy my solitude, Syrinx."

Syrinx sighed contentedly as she wrapped her arms around his neck, as he snaked his own around her waist and gently tugged her further into him.

"Not without my presence I hope." She teased quietly, causing Peter to laugh lightly and kiss the top of her head.

"Never without you."

Peter blinked himself awake, his mind still dazed by the vivid memory haunting his dreams, but as soon as he'd registered what he'd been dreaming of, his face scrunched up lividly, and he screwed his eyes shut tightly as he clenched his jaw. Why now, of all times, has Lyrinx invaded his dreams intrusively? He gulped harshly, before forcing himself up and out of bed. His bare feet padded over to his treehouse's window, and he set his gaze outside. The sun had just started to rise, and he could see a few Lost Boys loitering about, just commencing cooking breakfast for everyone else. It appeared as though it was Theodore's team's turn, and his eyes narrowed on Felix, who looked as though he were bickering irritably with Elijah, although Elijah looked amused if anything. Peter sniffed, his mind momentarily thinking about where Metanoia was, before turning away and heading for the shower, absolutely scorning the idea of thinking the sharp-tongued girl.

~•~

Metanoia stood beside Idris and Timmothy, a pleasant mood taking over her as her hands stayed wrung behind her back and watched Pan walk across the training clearing. He looked slightly perturbed, and Metanoia could only tell by his excessive pacing, otherwise, he looked as he always did. Brooding, scowling, and as though something had been shoved right up his -

"Today we'll be training with swords. Everybody, get into pairs."

Idris offered her a silent look which suggested to be her partner in this exercise, and Metanoia smiled in return. However, her content aura was rudely disrupted by Pan's irritating voice claiming with a drawl, "No, Metanoia - you'll be doing this training with David."