e i g h t

Hali ♡ ________

Hali
________

"Tell that one story again" Pope exclaimed to JJ. The five of us now sat at the chateau in a circle on the floor. We sat on our sleeping bags with a candle in the middle. The storm had gotten worse, strong winds blew causing the house to shake and floorboards to creak. I wasn't entirely sure that the chateau could survive this storm but I guess we'll have to see.

"Which one?" JJ held the torch in this hand to make him look spookier.

"Oh, do the Mrs. Crain one!" Kiara clapped her hands as she sat with a packet of chips.

"Who's that?" I asked as I stuffed some marshmallows into my mouth, my hands all powdery. Not realising this was the first time i had eaten all day.

"An axe murderer" Kiara shrugged as if it was nothing.

"Okay, you have to tell that one now" I perked to JJ, i wiggled around in my seat to get comfortable as I turned my full attention to him.

"Okay okay" JJ smiled as he flipped on the flashlight. "She told me all about it"

"Who did?" I asked in anticipation.

"Hollis Crain" He answered all mysteriously. "She told me the truth about her mother and what happened in that house"

"Please go on" I smiled as I looked to all of the pogues who didn't seem as excited as me.

"So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and she was a murderer and all"

"Wait, back up" I chuckled. "What?"

"Yeah, people thought her mom killed her dad when she was younger" Kiara told me.

"Yeah, Hollis didn't believe it though" JJ added. "Until that night" He paused for suspense.

"What night?" I bounced my knee as I literally could not take it any more.

"Calm down" John B placed his hand on my knee.

"It all came back to her" JJ continued. "When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink.. full of blood"

I gasped as JJ smiled at me, knowing his story was going well so he continued.

"Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlour constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her"

"No way" I gasped as I let my jaw drop.

"God you're so full of shit man" John B threw an empty beer can at JJ.