s i x t e e n

__________________________________

i'd go a thousand miles - montell fish
And I'd go a thousand miles just to find you

__________________________________

Hali
_______

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. The water below mirrors the affect of the fire orb, gradually receding behind the clouds. I sat on the dock with my feet dangling just above the quiet blue. A few barks from distant dogs breaking the silence.

I heard thudding against the dock as the sound of footsteps grew closer. I scrunched my nose to see a familiar blonde plop down next to me.

"Hi" I smiled at the boy, the warm sun highlighting his tan as his blue eyes sparkled in the light.

"Hi" His lips turned into a huge smile as he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. "How are you?"

"I'm better now, thanks J" I simpered as I rest my head on his shoulder, his head resting on mine. We sat in silence for a while, watching the colours go from bright and vibrant, fade into pure darkness. It was breathtakingly beautiful. All that was heard were the small waves crashing against the dock. The wind whispered in my ear as it played with my hair.

"Hey Hali" JJ spoke up, i hummed in response as my eyes still set on the sky. "You don't deserve this"
I lifted my head up from his shoulder, the sad look in his eyes cast my gaze away from the view.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I turned my whole body towards him, crossing my legs on the dock.

"This, your dad" He sadly chuckled, looking away as if he was worried I would get mad for him bringing it up.

"JJ" I placed his hands in mine.

"Hali i'm always gonna be here for you. I promise you. I'm never gonna leave" He told me as a soft smile spread across my face. He stuttered as he was about to say something, as if he was stopping himself. Finally, the words rolled off his tongue. "Because i love you"

His words sunk into my heart. A warm and fuzzy feeling washes over me as a soft but huge smile spread across my lips. The comfort in his words, the love i feel when i hear him say those 3 small words with huge meaning.

"I love you too, J" I told him. I really meant it. I've never felt more sure about anything before. I really did love him. I wish I could explain how the sound of his voice gives me butterflies. How his smile makes my heart skip a beat. It's like when I'm around him, nothing else matters. It's like i'm split, one part of me is going crazy if i'm not right next to him. The other is calm and peaceful knowing that when he's here, there isn't anything else that I could ever do to make me feel the same. There are times when I would give anything just to be able to gaze into his eyes or play with his hands, even for just a few minutes.