t h i r t y

hali ♡_______

hali
_______

"Home sweet home"

I pushed open the doors to our new place. It was huge and wasn't cozy. The tall house sat on a quiet street, full of other overly large house. Each room was bigger than the next, the walls clean and white. The air didn't smell as coconuts and vanilla anymore. It had a cold kinda feel, the same a hospital had. White, polished wooden floorboards with a graceful banister that curved up toward a soaring second floor gallery.

The marble staircase was lined with a glass railing and the front door could accommodate a family of giraffes. White drapes framed the windows, the lace inner curtains remained drawn, allowing daylight to enter while providing a heart-stopping view over the water. The house was dead silent, not even the floorboards creaked liked back home.

I noticed air conditioning lined across every wall, neither made any sound. The fireplace crackled in the living room, leading towards the backyard, a large pool sat in the middle. White lounge chairs accompanied the sparking water, lush pot plants placed every here and there.

I wasn't happy to move, i missed our old house. Being around the corner from the pogues, living just up the street from John B. Now i lived right next door to Rafe, guess i was never going out.

I helped mom and dad bring in our many boxes. Half of our house was already furnished, the furniture very different to mine and moms style. We let Nala run free inside, sniffing every crook and canny to get a familiar feel.

The tiniest littlest part of me kinda liked the house, it's design and architecture, but i could never admit it. I hadn't talked to the pogues yet as my phone was lost between boxes, knowing they had blown up my phone. I hadn't had time to go visit them, being kept on lockdown for the time being.

My hands were bandaged and my legs covered in plasters. Though they were covered, it didn't stop the throbbing and swelling.

"Here honey, I found your phone" Mom offered as we had finished bringing in the boxes.

"Thank you" I slightly smiled as I switched it on, a thousand messages coming through at once. My eyes scanned the messages from the pogues and the pogues only, although there were a couple from a very excited Sarah.

Wednesday

Sarah
Omg!!     11:34
You're moving in next door!   11:34
I can't waittt   11:35
I decorated a room for you    12:36pm

JJ
hali please call me back    9:23
where are you    9:45
why aren't you answering     11:13
are you okay    2:32pm
hali i'm worrying    3:02pm

Kiara
girl where are you   11:14
jj and jb told me what happened   2:30pm
are you okay   2:30pm

Pope
hali!!    12:34pm
where are you??    1:57pm