t h i r t y o n e

hali ♡ _______

hali
_______

"Rise and shine"

I groaned as my curtain was shot open. The day dawned crisp and clear as the sunlight poured through my window. "What time is it?"

"Time for you to get up" Mom pushed open my window, a fresh, cool and crisp air started whistling. Milky clouds got up from sleep and began travelling around the sky, effortlessly floating and exploring the new arise.

"It's not like we're doing anything today" I huffed as I rubbed my eyes, sitting up in my bed.

"We're having lunch at the Cameron's today, please be ready in an hour" She informed me as she picked up the clothes from my floor and set them on my dresser.

"The Cameron's?" I frowned as my heart dropped into my stomach.

"Yes, you know, the wonderful people next door" She gushed. "I'm sure you know their children, aren't you friends with them?" I said nothing and nodded, picking at my nails as I waited anxiously for her to leave. "Great, please get ready"

When she left, I let out a breath of air I didn't even know I was holding in. I didn't, for the life of me, want to have lunch with them. Sarah I was excited to see but Rafe? No thank you.

I sighed as I reluctantly rolled out of bed and pushed open the doors to my walk in wardrobe. I picked out a black buttoned crop with brown shorts, slipping on my rings and necklace. I took my time to apply my makeup and do my hair, knowing I had some time to kill.

The phone ringing made me jump, a broad smile emerging on my face when I saw JJ's name.

"Hi J" I answered, pressing the phone between my ear and shoulder as I finished my mascara.

"Hey babe, how are you"

"I'm good" I replied, not being able to control my cheeks turning pink. "How are you?"

"I miss you" He wined on the other end, making me chuckle.

"You just saw me like yesterday"

"That was like hours ago" He complained. "What are you doing today?"

"Glad you asked" I sarcastically sighed. "Im being forced to have lunch with the Cameron's"

"You're kidding"

"Im not" I deadpanned with a shake of my head, hearing him groan on the other side.

"Cant you just like-" JJ paused as he tried to think of an excuse. "Say you're on your period so you can stay home"

I laughed. "I can't i said that last week"

"Why can't you just say it again" He questioned.

I sighed with a chuckle. "You're cute"