Chapter 34

"That looks really pretty Jimin." Y/N peered over his shoulder. "You're such an artist." She giggled.

"Thanks. Took some practice." He said squeezing the piping bag, carefully icing the cake they baked. "Are you done with the flowers?" He glanced back to see her progress.

"Almost. I finished fifteen." She turned to her tray of sugary goodness.

"They look great. Just a few more than we can start putting them on the cake." He stroked his cheek leaving a trail of flour.

"Thanks for inviting me." She flicked back the few strands of hair that were in her face. "I didn't expect to enjoy baking this much."

"I'm just glad we could use my dad's bakery as a venue." He mumbled keeping his focus on the patterns of icing he created.

"So who took over the bakery?" She said sprinkling edible glitter on her finished products.

"I did actually. But I have a helping hand from my cousin, since I'm not always present or available." He took a step back to admire his creation.

"You're a great baker." She giggled standing next to him. "Gifted."

"Thanks. I learned from the best." He sighed placing the piping bag on the table. "Do you want to add the flowers?"

She nodded enthusiastically. She carried the tray of crystallized sugar flowers and placed it on the table next to the cake. She took a step stool and stood on it so she could reach the top of the cake.

"Pass me a few so I put them up here." She wiped her hands on her apron.

"Don't fall." He warned her handing her one of the crystallized sugar flowers.

"You'll catch me, won't you?" She groaned gently placing the flower on the top of the cake.

"Don't go falling on purpose." He whispered handing her another flower.

She laughed a little as she arranged the flowers with full focus. Jimin smiled, it was nice to see a new version of her.

*****

"And... that's.... it." Y/N put her hands on her hips admiring her good work.

"It looks great." Jimin smiled brightly moving closer to her, his eyes on the cake.

" Jimin smiled brightly moving closer to her, his eyes on the cake

"I know right?" She flipped her hair. "I'm gifted."

"Don't be cocky about it." He punched her elbow.

She tried to take a step back. "I won't be-" she was cut off when she tripped on the stool and fell.

Jimin caught her, bridal style. Their faces were inches apart, his grip tightened around her thighs and back as he stared into her doe eyes.