Chapter 80

Y/N POV

All night, I tossed and turned. No matter how comfortable and warm my bed was it felt like I was having cardiac arrest in my lower abdomen. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I was greeted by every woman's favourite person. Note the sarcasm.

I couldn't sleep after realizing that I started my period at three in the morning. So to bring myself at ease, I decided snacking would be my best option. Putting on an extra layer because my body was now sensitive to everything, I made my way downstairs.

I tactfully descended the stairs, making sure not to wake anyone. My sock covered feet reach the last step just as I noticed the shining light not far from me. I crept closer, it was Namjoon's study.

I nudged the door open and peeked inside. He was busy working, a bunch of papers and the blue light illuminating his tired face. I hadn't even caught his attention yet but he looked up in my direction. His brows furrowed and her glanced at the screen.

"What are you doing up so early?"

I looked over my shoulder. "Are you talking to me? You're the one with dark circles under your eyes."

"Fair enough." He leaned back, rubbing the fatigue off his face.

"Dare I ask?" I wasn't in the mood to talk but it would be rude of me to just continue on my way without bugging him out alittle.

"Just making sure I'll be able to let everyone work from home for the holidays, and come in atleast twice a week." He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. "I want them to enjoy their holiday too."

"You're very considerate Joonie." I ruffled his long hair. "But you should consider getting some sleep."

"What's your excuse?"

"It's mine, so no sharing." I narrowed my eyes at him as he began to pack up.

"I'm not one to pry so don't worry about it." He smiled gingerly. "Just take your own advice."

He got up and made his way out of the study and I heard his footsteps fade as he went upstairs. I turned off the lights and let my eyes adjust to the dark, again.

I felt my way to the kitchen and finally found the hot chocolate that I was craving for awhile now. Unfortunately the electronic devices would have to make noise, so the next person to come down would probably also want a cup.

I made sure that the utensils didn't sound like a whole orchestra, successfully making a cup of hot chocolate at three a.m without waking the guys up, I deserve the a prize.

"y/n?" A groggy voice grumbled behind me. I couldn't see past the curtain of jet black hair and baggy pyjamas but I could tell it was Jungkook from the way he stood.

I tried staying quiet to see if he was just sleep walking, he rubbed his eyes and looked around. Eventually he lifted his bangs and blinked at me. "What?"

I swear it only works in the movies. "Hey Kookie. Did you have a nightmare?" I lowered my mug and inched closer to him.

"Yeah." He looked away, a pink tint filling his cheeks.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I brushed back his messy hair.

He didn't answer immediately, but he fiddled with his shirt before parting his lips. "It was about you, your parents said that you should move back in with them and tore us apart. We were devastated and eventually you..." He bit back the words, but I knew them too well.

I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I'm right here." I stroked his back trying to calm him down.

He snaked his arms around me, resting his cheek on the top of my head. "It felt so real..." his voice was so quiet, I almost didn't hear his words.