Chapter 66

Y/N POV

"Mother, Felix is in Australia so he won't be here until Christmas." I rolled my eyes slightly.

I was visiting my parents since its been awhile since I've last seen them. Except for the hospital incident, which my father apologised for.

"Has he said anything about his new job lately?" She drank her tea elegantly.

Our parents don't know much about Felix's new job, or the fact that he has a girlfriend now, neither does anyone else. He said that he doesn't want them to be nosy and wanted some independence for awhile. Whatever the hell that meant...

"He says he enjoys it. Since it's closer to home, and his colleagues are super friendly." I smiled at the thought of him with his girlfriend.

"That sounds lovely." She chuckled softly. "How's it going with the living arrangements?"

I panicked alittle, I hadn't mentioned living with seven men under one roof to them. "About that.... I've found a place to stay for the holidays."

"You mentioned the renovations and the renting of your home. You never mentioned the place you were staying currently." She gave me the stink eye.

"I'm staying with a few.... male friends." Her eyes widened at my words. "They were willing to let me stay the whole holiday until I move back in my previous home."

She stared past me thoughtfully. "So you're staying with men?" She pursed her lips. "How many?"

I took a deep breath. "Seven."

She looked at me and smiled. 'Wait! Why is she smiling?!' "That sounds very interesting darling."

What was in that tea? My mother would be spitting question after question by now, not letting me breath until she was satisfied with my answers.

"So you aren't going to question it?" I'm still staring at her in shock.

"No." She said simply. "I think it's a good choice."

Something seemed off about the way she answered but I have to except that for now, for my own safety. "Father's at work?" Changing the topic was the best I could do.

"Yes. He's not too busy if you want to see him." She sighed softly. "He has to take it easy so... he's trying to cope."

I nodded and stood up. "Well, I have to meet someone. So we'll continue our conversation another time."

"Is that why you're dressed like that?" She raised an eyebrow in amusement.

I looked down at my outfit and frowned. "What's wrong with my outfit?"

"Nothing." She said quickly avoiding any gaze.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Alright. We'll talk soon." I dragged my words as I paced out of the room. Hearing her quite mumbling made me feel uneasy but nothing too serious.