Chapter 50

The soft buzz of chatter filled the atmosphere. The late afternoon sun warming the city, the buildings casting shadows down the streets of Seoul.

Namjoon sat in his home office, staring out the large glass windows captivated by the beauty of the afternoon. A knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Namjoon?"

He peered out the open door. "Yes?" y/n walked in holding her bag in her hands, her face slightly flushed. "Anything I could help with?"

She sat down across from him biting her bottom lip. "About the offer..."

"Like I said, you-"

"I accept." She cut him off hastily. His eyes widened in surprise, he opened his mouth to speak but she continued. "I'd like to stay with you for the holidays."

He leaned forward rubbing his hands together. "They didn't say anything to provoke you into making that decision?"

She sighed disapprovingly. "I made the decision myself." She crossed her arms defensively. She stood up to leave but he gently grabbed her wrist.

"Is everything alright?" He came to her side when noticed the tears in her eyes. He hugged her tightly, rubbing her back to comfort her.

"I'm okay. It's the smell of onions on my cardigan that's all." She wiped away a tear that managed to escape during their warm embrace.

"If you-"

"I'll be fine." She pulled away to look him in the eye. "But thank you." She gave him a teary smile.

He searched her eyes before answering. "Just know that I'm here if you ever need to talk." He smiled. "I'll drive you home."

"I came with my car." She giggled, making him wink in response. "What?" She scanned his expression in amusement.

"It doesn't mean I can't drive you back home." He smirked. "Plus, you've decided on staying with us so... I don't see why you can't just leave your car here."

She slapped his chest. "You can't be serious!" She laughed noticing the red tint on his cheeks.

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Just excited to have a new housemate."

She hugged him gently. "Me too." She hid her face so he couldn't see her blushing. He smiled to himself, 'She's so cute when she's shy.'

"Can I drive you home now?" He flicked back her hair.

"Fine~" she huffed with a pout. "You can drive me home. In my car." She poked the tip of his nose with her finger before walking out of the room.

*****

Y/N POV