Track Sixty - Aashayein

Track 60 - Aashayein, Salim Merchant & KK

"Ridzy?" Muskaan called softly, placing a tentative hand on her shoulder.

"Ha — haan?" Riddhima asked, startled.

"Are you okay?" Muskaan probed.

"Of... Of course!" Riddhima fumbled. "Mujhe kya hoga?"

"Tune khane ka ek bite bhi nahi khaya hai," Muskaan stated, pointing to Riddhima's plate. They were all dining together. The entire day had passed in sort of a daze for Riddhima after her encounter with Karan. Armaan had tried to be there for her but everyone in the house wanted him for something or the other and he had to entertain them all. In his absence, Karan had tried to fill the gaps for which she was extremely grateful, but she felt too ashamed to spend time in his wonderful company.

"I'm fine," Riddhima whispered, making a show of eating from her plate. In the next second, Armaan's hand slid down her arm, and he took her hand in his, entwining their fingers together, squeezing tightly. Riddhima was stunned momentarily but she sent him a grateful smile, squeezing his hand back.

"The pasta is really good, Ridzy," Nikki commented, wanting to break the tension that was suddenly enveloping all of them. "I missed your cooking!"

"I missed cooking for you," Riddhima answered. "Do you remember? Nikumbh ke time... You would get so cranky if I didn't cook for you at least once a week!"

"What can I say? Nikumbh always loved his Riddhima Masi's cooking," Nikki laughed. "Right Nikumbh?"

"Yes!!" Nikumbh cheered. "Masi, when are we having a sleepover? I want to drink our special chocolate milk."

"Awwww," Riddhima cooed. "We'll have one once we're back home, okay? No boring adults, just Nikumbh, Samrat, and Nikumbh's two favourite masis!"

"Only if we get to finish the next Percy Jackson," Samrat proposed.

"Of course!" Muskaan concurred. "How is it a sleepover without Percy? Done!"

"You two will spoil all our kids," Keerti complained. "Navu ko tum logon ne kam sar pe chadhaya hai kya? And especially you, Riddhima! Bohot zyada bigaadti ho tum sab bachchon ko!"

"Diiiii," Riddhima whined. "Please! That's my entire job."

"Mumma, why are you scolding Riddhima Di?" Samrat jumped to her defense. "She's the best. You know I don't like it when you do that."

"Haan, bhai. Nobody will say anything to your Riddhima Di," Shubhankar pacified his son. Samrat absolutely adored her and did not like it when Making a show of it, he turned to his wife and said, "Keerti, stop troubling my favourite saali."

The entire table cracked up at that, even Riddhima. Armaan smiled. That was all he wanted. For her to be happy. As he watched Riddhima playfully fight with Keerti, he sat back and observed. He wasn't the only one who'd gotten more family in the past few years. Riddhima had too. While it was true that Dr. Keerti and Dr. Shubhankar had always been there for them, as seniors and mentors, and when the time called for it, as friends, Riddhima had gotten really close to Keerti in the time he'd been away. He was glad for it because it meant that she'd had someone to turn to other than Muskaan. And, as he was well aware, Dr. Keerti was a formidable ally to have on your side. From what he'd been able to piece together, Dr. Keerti was fiercely protective of Riddhima. He was grateful that she'd been there, especially when he hadn't.

"Armaan, you're staying, right?" Atul asked, bringing him out of his thoughts. "At least for a while? You'll come back with us?"

"That's the plan," Armaan agreed. "Ab aa hi gaya hoon toh I'll stay for a while. I kinda missed Mumbai."