Track Three - It's You

The next few minutes, everyone sat stunned, waiting for news about Armaan.

"How is he?" Rahul asked, jumping to his feet as the doctors came out.

"He's fine. Should consciousness in an hour or so."

"And he's absolutely fine."

"Yes, he is."

"You mean, no cardiac arrest?"

"No. None. He's fine. Just stressed."

Rahul breathed a sigh of relief and sat down.

"He's fine, Ray. Don't worry about it. Call me if you need anything, okay?" Dr. Sanders asked before leaving.

"Of course, thank you."

Dr. Reynolds sat beside him.

"What happened? We haven't had such a bad one in years now."

"Jenny's been in an accident."

"Oh. Is it serious?"

"Yes. Plus, he's been really stressed with all the wedding planning. Not to mention coming to terms with the fact that Jenny is leaving."

"Yes, of course. We've been talking about it. But, he's never had such a strong reaction before. I mean, he is sad about her leaving, but he's coming to terms with it. Plus, he knows it's nothing like the last time. Are you sure that's all?"

Rahul sighed.

"There's something else. But, I'm sure Ammy would want to tell you about it himself."

"Is it... is it regarding... You know..." Dr. Reynolds couldn't bring himself to say the name out loud.

"Yes," Rahul replied, sighing.

"Okay. That kind of explains it."

Rahul nodded.

"We'll have to schedule a session ASAP so that I can talk to him. Get in touch with Mrs. Monteiro, yeah?"

"Yes. Are we going back to 3 sessions a week?"

"For a while."

Rahul nodded. "Good. That's good."

"What?"

"What?"

"What's troubling you, Ray? Out with it."

Rahul sighed.

"I'm just a little overwhelmed, I guess. He hasn't had such a bad one since that one night when he couldn't get in touch with Tammy. That was almost 2 years ago. I guess... I guess, I'm just afraid of him relapsing."

Dr. Reynolds nodded. "I understand. But, don't worry. I'm sure he won't."

"But what if he does?"

"Then, you and I both know that he's strong enough to overcome it, just like he did the last time."

"I don't know..."