Track Fifteen - My Same

Sid and Armaan had been gone for almost an hour, but they were still the topic of discussion at the Mallik mansion. The gang had left Rohan and Jaan with El in the living room and had moved to the girls' room to discuss what they'd seen. Tamanna, Riddhima and the elders had stayed behind.

"Uh, can you guys believe that what happened downstairs actually happened?" Nikki asked the others.

"I know I can't," was Anjali's prompt reply.

"Me either," Muskaan agreed. Abhi nodded in approval.

"Guys, Sid is like a brother to Armaan," Rahul told them.

"You know, when Ridzy told me that, I didn't believe it. I thought she was just trying to make herself feel better. But now, seeing them like that, I think she wasn't sugar coating things," Anjali said.

"Yes, I thought so too," Atul replied. "I wasn't around when Armaan came back. We'd talked on the phone a few times and he never went into much detail about his personal life. I knew he was still in shock about Ridzy's marriage, so I never pried. But, I never thought that he could be so close to Sid."

"Yaar, historically, Armaan was ready to fight people for only flirting with Ridzy, but he's best friends with her husband?" Muskaan wondered. "How is that even possible?"

"And... And those inside jokes!" Abhi burst. "I didn't even understand anything. It was like they were speaking Greek. But, Sid & Armaan understood everything. I don't think even Riddhima understood half of it."

"Uh, coochi? Baby? What was that?" Nikki asked. "And did you see them? Kaise ek doosre se chipak rahe the."

"Haan, yaar," Atul & Muskaan chorussed.

Rahul sighed. How was he supposed to explain it to them? Armaan was close to Sid. That was it. Why were they so intent in digging deeper?

"Rahul," Atul turned to him. "Tujhe toh pata hoga na. Please, humein bhi bata," he begged.

"Mujhe bhi zyada nahi pata. Armaan said that Dr. Shashank had asked Armaan to help Sid and Riddhima work out their issues. Because of the circumstances in which they got married, their relationship was very rocky. And, who knew Riddhima better than Armaan?" He asked rhetorically. "So, Dr. Shashank convinced him to do it, for Riddhima. And you know Armaan. Jahaan Riddhima ka naam aaya, he was ready to do anything. In the process of helping them, he spent a lot of time with Sid. And, they bonded. Armaan said that Sid reminded him of himself in many ways. And they got along so well. So, they started looking up to each other. When I say they're like brothers, they really are like brothers. Armaan is really fond of Sid. Abhi bhi, many a times he'll sit me down and just blabber about Sid and how much fun the two of them had together."

"Wow, that's... Wow," Anjali muttered. "I can't believe it. Armaan really is God."

"What?!" Rahul asked.

"Aur nahi toh kya," Anjali said. "We all know how much Armaan loved Ridzy. He was ready to die for her. And then, I'm sure his heart must have shattered when he came back for her and found out that she was already married. Lekin fir bhi, he helped her husband. Upar se, he actually likes him. Who can do stuff like that for anybody?"

Rahul smiled and shrugged. That was such an Armaan thing to do. He was exceptional. There was no other explanation.

"Uh, guys," Tamanna called, coming inside the room and halting their discussion. "Armaan and Sid are here. Come down for lunch."

Rahul smiled at her and immediately stood up. "Chalo!" He told Tamanna, throwing an arm around her shoulder and going outside the room. The gesture didn't go unnoticed by Muskaan, who resolved to talk to Rahul sooner rather than later.