Track Twenty Two - Photograph

The Grand Ballroom of the Four Seasons was beautiful. Riddhima fell in love at first sight. She loved the simple yet elegant decor, the subtle lighting and the happy ambience. She was especially intrigued by the intricately carved chandeliers that lined the wall, looking absolutely ethereal. If she closed her eyes, she could imagine wedding songs playing in one corner, kids chasing each other in another, a few girls teasing the bride, aunties laughing merrily, boys trying to talk to the beautiful girls and failing, and the uncles, talking about everything under the sun as if no one knew better than they did. A typical scene of an Indian wedding.

It felt so amazing.

Armaan, on the other hand, was looking at Riddhima take this place in. The expressions on her face reminded him of the time that the both of them had gone to book a hall for Dr. Shubhankar and Dr. Keerti's wedding.

Palm Grove, Mumbai, 9 years ago.

Riddhima looked around the banquet hall, happy with what they were working with. She'd been very excited to plan the wedding, having witnessed Dr. Shubhankar and Dr. Keerti's relationship grow. She was so happy for them. In those two, Riddhima had found mentors who guided her and friends who cared for her deeply. They were such amazing people and she was so happy that they were finally getting married.

Standing there, planning someone else's wedding, Riddhima couldn't help but blush, thinking about her own wedding to Armaan. They'd finalized the engagement date just a few weeks ago and Riddhima was so happy. Finally, after everything, her and Armaan were going to be one. She couldn't wait.

"Mere baare mein soch rahi thi na?" Armaan whispered in her ear, his hot breath washing over her face as he held her tightly, standing behind her.

"Armaan..." Riddhima whispered, getting lost in the feeling of being so close to him.

"Riddhima," Armaan whispered reverently, turning her around in his arms so that she was facing him.

"Ar... Armaan... Cho... Chodo," Riddhima managed to say. Armaan grinned at her and shook his head negatively.

"Kabhi nahi chodunga," he said.

"Armaan, woh wedding planner dekh legi," Riddhima reasoned.

"Nahi dekhegi," Armaan replied promptly. "Woh ek call attend karne bahaar gayi hai."

Riddhima smiled at that. The two of them got lost in each other's eyes, happy to be together. The past few days hadn't been the easiest, with their constant fights and bickering, but Armaan was so happy that now, they'd taken a step back and were just happy being together.

"Basket," Armaan whispered. "Kaisi hai yeh jagah?"

"Bohot achchi hai," Riddhima replied, smiling.

"Agar tum chaaho, toh main isse humaari shaadi ke liye abhi hi book kar leta hu," he teased.

"Armaan!" Riddhima scolded, swatting his arm.

"Armaan, kya? Arre, as a responsible fiance, meri duty hai ki main apni hone wali wife ki har wish poori karu," he replied.

"Armaan, tum poore paagal ho," Riddhima said.

"Pata hai," was his immediate reply. "Aur yeh bhi pata hai ki tumhe mera yeh paagalpan bohot achcha lagta hai."

Riddhima blushed when she heard that and hid her face in his chest. Armaan grinned and rested his head on hers.

"Armaan... Hum hamesha aise hi rahenge na, saath saath?" Riddhima asked.

"Hamesha," Armaan answered. "Aur tum mujhse door jaane ki koshish toh karo, uthake le aaunga waapas. Tumhe mujhse kabhi koi alag nahi kar sakta."

Riddhima smiled widely. "I love you, Armaan," she said.