Track Thirty Six - Wonderwall

As Armaan had expected, Tamanna really did have a choice of words for Rahul, from what she narrated to him after her talk with said man, but also, like he expected, Rahul wasn't moved by Tamanna's impassioned speech. He was still holding on to his stubbornness, hiding behind his walls stating that what he was doing was for Muskaan. Armaan felt like literally banging some sense into Rahul, even though he'd seen all this coming, but kept quiet and plotted instead.

They'd decided that instead of Armaan & Riddhima, Muskaan & Rahul would be doing the remainder of the wedding planning. Muskaan had been reluctant, but agreed to it after Armaan made her understand that it would be a great opportunity to spend time with Rahul and make him realize what he was missing out on.

"I guess you're right," Muskaan agreed. "But, Rahul will never agree to this."

"Don't worry about that. That's on me. I promise, he'll be there," Armaan assured her.

"You think you can get him to agree to this?" Muskaan scoffed. "You're good, Hero. But not that good."

Armaan laughed, Muskaan's old nickname for him bringing him joy that he couldn't really express in words. "I can make him do it, Muski. Are you doubting my skills now?" He asked, shoving her playfully.

"Newsflash, Dr. Mallik! I don't think I ever had any faith in your skills! Itne siyaape kiye haina tune!" Muskaan joked.

Armaan chuckled along with her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into a side hug. "I swear, he'll be there. Just be ready at 8 tomorrow morning, okay?"

Muskaan nodded. "Fine. We'll do this your way. I'm telling you again, Mallik. Don't you dare f**king make me regret this."

Armaan nodded. "I won't. I promise."

Telling Rahul went as well as could be expected.

"No way!" Rahul all but screeched, when Armaan informed him about the change in plans.

"Yes way," Armaan replied calmly.

"Armaan, I'm not doing it. That's the end of this discussion," Rahul insisted.

"You're doing it, Rahul. And that's the end of this discussion," Armaan countered.

"I'm not playing your games, Armaan! Don't you think I don't know that there's no pressing emergency and you're doing this only so that I have to spend time with Muskaan?" Rahul questioned.

"I know you know," Armaan replied simply. "Doesn't exactly take a genius to figure it out, eh?"

"So you must also know, that I'm not doing it," Rahul replied.

"Oh, no! You're doing it. And you're going to do everything I ask of you till the time Muskaan is here. You don't get a choice in this," Armaan explained.

"Armaan! How many times do I have to tell you? I don't f**king want to!" Rahul yelled. "And you don't get to interfere in this! It's my life, my choice. As if all this isn't enough, you sent Tamanna to talk to me! The day after her filthy ex came out of prison! Tamanna! Have you no shame? Making her do this for you?"

Armaan's only answer was a bitter smile.

"What? You don't have anything to say? Of course you don't because you know you shouldn't have done it!" Rahul continued his tirade. "That was low, even for you! But... You've done all you could. I'm not playing by your rules anymore! Just leave me alone! And don't try to set me up!!"

"You know what?" Armaan replied. "I'm gonna let that jab about Tamanna slide because I know you're worked up right now, but you and I both know I would never ever ask her to do something like this. She volunteered to do it. You know why? Because she f**king cares about you, Rahul! Just like I do. Just like we all do. And it's clear as day that you're hurting yourself and Muskaan unnecessarily. We don't want this for you, which is why we're doing what we're doing. You know that. You very well f**king know that I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose. And yes... I agree. I'm meddling. But, don't think for one second that this isn't my business because it is. When my best friend is heartbroken, it is my f**king shit business to make sure he gets better. That's what I'm doing. We both know you love Muskaan. You always will. So, don't be a saint and don't you dare deny yourself these few days with her, even if you decide against your heart's desires in the end. Make sure that these few days... This time that you're getting with her is beautiful. Make memories, Rahul. Because, maybe, at the end of it all, these memories will be all that you have of Muskaan."