1.2

on the last day of his study break, jisung woke up to relief.

in less than a few days he would be going back to his usual schedule, which meant he could avoid his roommate without strangely being questioned for it.

after glancing over to his clock and seeing it was nearing midday, he decided to get up and get himself ready.

even though he didn't necessarily have anything to get ready for, jisung wanted to keep to some sort of a routine so he was ready for returning to his classes.

as he walked out his bedroom, he was met with the bathroom door shut and sound of running water.

jisung was about to walk back into his room when he heard the door open.

minho gave him a cold look before walking straight past him and shutting his bedroom door behind him.

as usual, jisung shook him off and walked into the bathroom.

it was evident minho wasn't over the argument. and truthfully, neither was jisung.

jisung had taken a quick shower and was now ready to get himself breakfast before starting on his work.

as he didn't want to possibly run into minho, he grabbed a premade smoothie from the fridge and headed back to his room.

for minho, his morning had been anything but eventful.

the night before, he'd had no trouble falling asleep as he was so exhausted.

however, it annoyed him that upon waking up, all he could think about was the hours of sleep he'd missed out on because of his roommate.

though fortunately, when minho had left his bedroom, he was pleased to see the bathroom was free.

he'd taken another long shower, forgetting all about the expected etiquette for sharing a living space.

after finishing up, minho was ecstatic he once again hadn't been bothered by jisung.

his slight cheery mood had immediately disappeared when he'd opened the bathroom door to see jisung right outside of it.

once meeting his eyes, minho wanted nothing more than to yell at him, making up for the missed opportunity yesterday.

though honestly, he barely had the energy to speak to him.

instead, he walked straight past him and immediately sat down at his desk, refusing to let any thoughts outside work occupy his brain.

❀ ☈ ❀

evening was now approaching and both boys had finished their work for the day.

minho had chosen to make himself a quick dinner, enjoying it while looking out the window at the odd passerby walking along the street.

he never understood going for walks outside. usually, when minho needed to clear his head, walking around his house was more than satisfactory.

plus, there were actually things to do there.

in the dorm, all he did was work, sleep, shower, and make food for himself.

"some life." minho grumbled to himself.

jisung came out his room and headed into the kitchen. as he placed his empty cup onto the side of the counter, he noticed minho hadn't turned round from the window.

to no surprise of course.

without sparing his roommate another glance, jisung grabbed a bag of snacks from the cupboard and walked back into his bedroom.

as he shut his door, he allowed himself to focus on the fact that he'd get to actually socialise with people in just a matter of days.

in fairness, jisung didn't need friends or a big group of people to go out with in his spare time.

anyone who would say even six words to him was enough for jisung to feel happy.

six nice words would be more than minho normally gave him.

anytime the two of them had spoken, was always against their will.

their conversations only consisted of arguments or mumbled complaints.

jisung shook his head and lifted up his phone, planning to check over his schedule for the week.

as the screen turned on, jisung felt his heart drop to his stomach as he read the date.

"it can't be..." he mumbled as he felt his hands begin to shake.

he walked over to his wall and checked his calendar. his breath hitched as he saw what next week held.

jisung clamped his hand over his mouth, near falling over his desk chair as he stumbled backwards.

as he clumsily sat down, he couldn't tear his eyes away from the small black print that marked the date in four days time.

"no. n-no it cant be." jisung repeated as he felt a lump in his throat.

in four days time, it would be his dad's birthday.

jisung would always visit his father's grave throughout the year. but, the two dates his heart was especially heavy, was his father's birthday and the anniversary of his death.

jisung knew he couldn't miss his birthday. after all, he never had.

he quickly unlocked his phone and managed to fight his now clouded eyesight as he typed out a message to his class teacher, apologising profusely that he would not be able to attend class by briefly explaining his situation.

no matter where he was, jisung would not miss visiting his father's grave on his birthday.

he simply couldn't allow himself to.

******
i hope u liked this though i have to admit i love the next chapter heheh
29.11.22