Chapter 5: Reunited

Chapter 5: Reunited

*POV: Harry*

My nostrils are flared, angry at her reasoning for her behavior. I would never "leave" her as she says I would. I thought she would've figured that out by now, but obviously not. I'm not going to let some stupid girl that I love come between our friendship like she let some dickhole of a bloke.

And the fact that she just moved away from me isn't helping things.

She looks as if she's scared of me, like I might hurt her and it just hurts me more knowing that she thinks I would hurt her. I could never hurt her. I don't have it in me to lay a finger on her nor hurt her emotionally and that's what she's making me do. She's making me the bad guy with her stupid assumptions and hurting herself.

"Hey guys. Did you want normal noodles for fettuccine or spaghetti noodles?" Summer asks entering the room, breaking the tension.

"Fettuccine," we both say in unison, causing her to smile awkwardly at me. I calm down a bit as we just stare at each other, Summer leaving the room again. I'm glad she came in for that short second though.

"Snow. You need to realize that I would never leave you. I couldn't do that," I tell her after a long moment of silence.

"How do I know that? You've left before," she tells me and my anger starts to return.

"I have never left. You've pushed me away before, especially when you were dating that arsehole Ash. You left me then, I never left you," I tell her and I know that I've hit a nerve when she looks away, not saying a word. She knows that I'm right, but she won't say it out loud. She's stubborn that way.

"I've accepted that though, but you're doing it again. With Zach. And I'm not going to let you do it this time," I continue and I know she's teary-eyed, realizing her mistake.

"I'm so sorry Harry," she mutters, her voice cracking a bit making my heart ache. She needs to hear this though.

"It's okay love. You just need to realize that I've never left you and you need to stop justifying your actions when they aren't right," I explain and she laughs a bit.

"When did you become so insightful?" she jokes, wiping tears away that have streamed down her face. She likes to keep the mood light and it's weird, but I'm glad she did in this moment.

"Ever since they told me to help write this new album," I tell her, wiping away tears on her cheeks. She just laughs more and I'm happy to see her smiling again.

"How's that album going anyway?" she asks me and I groan. This is my break and I don't want to talk about work.

"It's coming along alright. We've only got one song written out of the sixty or something that we need to help write," I admit. She smiles at me, no longer crying.

"You'll have to let me hear some of them once you've written more," she requests and I nod with her agreeing.

"Does this mean that we're okay now? I don't have to worry about you not speaking to me for another few more months until I can visit you again, right?" I ask her. I need to make sure that this won't happen again.

"Yeah. We're cool," she tells me and I smile, embracing her in a tight hug that makes her giggle.

"I've missed you," I tell her honestly and I swing her around. She just laughs more, tightening her embrace around me.

"I've missed you too. I promise to not make the dumb stupid mistakes that I made before again," she tells me and I'm even happier when I pull away. We just sit there and smile at each other again for a bit.